I have a couple nice center cut ham steaks from the little meat market in the refer. I'm going to make one plain, but would like to try Blackened Ham Steak with the other - I've never done this. Any comments on the C@H recipe or blackened ham steak in general would be appreciated. They are 3/4" thick.

Blackened Ham Steak - Issue 62 Ron I have a couple nice...
That's the issue I can't find...darn. But, I haven't made it, so can't comment. will be anxious to hear how you like it tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Blackened Ham Steak - Issue 62 cjs That's the issue I c...
I haven't made this recipe but I did review it. I often do blackened fish and chicken and comparing the methods they are pretty similar. The 3/4" cut looks identical to the cut in the photo. If you like blackened spicey---go for it and let us know. I can't get that particular cut of ham here. I would definitely try it if I did. I might add a little onion powder to the spice mix too.

Are you going to do the sides as well? Curious about that sweet potato dish---LOVE sweet potatoes and this seems as though it would "cut" the spiciness of the ham.

Have fun!! Bet it's gonna be GREAT!!!! (no matter what you chose).
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Blackened Ham Steak - Issue 62 Roxanne 21 I haven't made this ...
I grilled a slice plain for breakfast, and it was so good that I will have to force myself to blacken it. I'm not going to do a special side, maybe just some pineapple.

Re: Blackened Ham Steak - Issue 62 Ron I grilled a slice pl...
Good choice!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Blackened Ham Steak - Issue 62 Roxanne 21 Good choice!!!...
I made the blackened ham steak with the sweet potato salad, but I guess I forgot to post a review. Oops! We really liked it but one little ham steak wasn't quite enough for us. I made it inside on the stovetop and set off the smoke alarms so next time, I'll do it on the grill. The sweet potato salad was good too and really helped cool down the ham. My only problem with the salad was the yogurt flavor/texture. I think I'd like to substitute something for that...more mayo, maybe?
Tammy

Re: Blackened Ham Steak - Issue 62 TwilightKitten I made the blackened...
Grrrrr, after reading your post I read C@H in more detail and it recommended cooking outside due to "pungent smoke" so I may have to re-think doing this one - don't gave an outdoor grill.

Re: Blackened Ham Steak - Issue 62 Ron Grrrrr, after readin...
"don't g(h)ave an outdoor grill." - isn't that unAmercun?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Blackened Ham Steak - Issue 62 cjs "don't g(h)ave an ou...
Quote:

"don't g(h)ave an outdoor grill." - isn't that unAmercun?????

Probably, but grilling season here coincides with fishing season and time is precious. Sherrie will clean the oven, but not the grill, so that's the name of that tune.

Re: Blackened Ham Steak - Issue 62 Ron [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Send Sherrie to me for a few weeks and I'll have her loving to do, and clean, all the grilling!!! Roy doesn't get near our grill....
www.achefsjourney.com
Blackened Ham Steak - Issue 62