tried and true. And quite tasty if you don't go thinking that it should taste like a hamburger or anything. If anyone else has recipes for veggie burgers, please post them.

VEGGIE BURGER - from www.weightwatchers.com
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, divided
1/2 Cup Minced Onion*
1/2 Cup Minced Green Pepper*
1/2 Cup Minced Carrot*
1/2 Cup Minced Celery*
1 Can Cannellini Beans (19 0z.)
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 Cup Seasoned Dried Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
Garlic Powder
*Save time and use a food processor to mince your vegetables.

In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 Cup of chicken broth.
Add onion, pepper, carrot and celery; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until veggies are soft and moisture has evaporated. You may need to add a little more broth if your veggies aren't soft. Set aside to cool slightly.

2. Mash beans (again the food processor will speed this up). Place in a medium bowl and add eggs. Mix well.

Add bread crumbs and veggie mixture; mix until thoroughly combined.

Shape into 8 equal patties, cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 20 minutes.

In same skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil. Add 4 patties, sprinkle with garlic powder, and cook over medium heat, turning once, until browned on both sides, and heated through.

Remove patties to plate; keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil and the last 4 patties.

Note: Bun not included in points.

Serves: 8
Calories: 131
Fat: 2.5
Fiber: 3
~2~ points WW
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

A real veggie burger....... Mare749 tried and true. And...
Where's the beef? I've never had a veggie burger, but I live everything in your recipe, so guess I'll have to try it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: A real veggie burger....... bjcotton Where's the beef? [i...
Billy, it's probably an acquired taste, but it does make you feel like your eating a little healthier. I love veggies, so there was no real adjustment for me.

These are good on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, and a little mayo.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: A real veggie burger....... Mare749 Billy, it's probably...
hmmmm, will have to try. Maryann, do you think these would hold together well enuf to grill?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: A real veggie burger....... cjs hmmmm, will have to ...
Jean, I've never tried grilling them, but I don't think so, they are pretty soft. Might have to play with that.

If you make these Jean, please let us know how you "tweak" them. Forgot to mention, good with hot sauce!

Maryann
Maryann

Re: A real veggie burger....... Mare749 Jean, I've never tri...
Maryann, have you ever used any other type of bean for this? Like say, kidneys or pintos?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: A real veggie burger....... farnfam Maryann, have you e...
Cis, I like navy beans about the best and do use them. You have a pretty great idea going there. Got me thinking of more ways to play with this.

I just checked the WW website, and they do have other versions for using black beans, lentils, even mushrooms and barley.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: A real veggie burger....... Mare749 Cis, I like navy bea...
Yumm, lentils would be good, I love their flavor! And kidney beans would give it a "beef like" color teehee
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: A real veggie burger....... farnfam Yumm, lentils would...
As far as grilling them, they now have these grills with tiny holes that you put right on top of your grill rack. That way you can grill softer things that might otherwise fall through.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
A real veggie burger.......