love this dish when we eat at Mexican Restaurants
Any one have a great recipe?
thanks for any help.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.

Mexican Chicken and Rice dish /Arrozo com Pollo mjkcooking love this dish when ...
You might enjoy perusing this website
http://melsmex.com/
I'm pretty sure Mel has an Arroz con Pollo recipe or two there.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Mexican Chicken and Rice dish /Arrozo com Pollo farnfam You might enjoy peru...
Thanks Cis, what a fun website!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Mexican Chicken and Rice dish /Arrozo com Pollo farnfam You might enjoy peru...
I couldn't see any recipes....do you have to order the book or download (somehow) a pdf file??? Or am I missing something here??

I probably shouldn't post this - I've never tried it, but you sent me on a search!! This does sound good.

Rice with Chicken: Arroz con Pollo Recipe courtesy Alex Garcia

1 (3 pound) chicken cut into 8 pieces, skin removed
Salt and pepper
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup pure Spanish olive oil
1 onion, small dice
1 green pepper, small dice
1 roasted red pepper, small dice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup prepared tomato sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup dry white wine
12 ounces beer
1/2 cup sherry
3 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cups Valencia rice, soaked in cold water for 1 hour
5 saffron threads
1 cup frozen sweet peas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and lime juice. In a large casserole or dutch oven, heat the olive oil. Brown the chicken, remove the chicken from the pan, and set aside.

Add the onions, peppers, and garlic to the casserole. Cook until translucent. Add the tomato sauce, cumin, and bay leaf; cook for another 5 minutes. Add the chicken, wine, beer, and sherry, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Add the stock, bring to a boil, and adjust the seasoning. Add the drained rice and the saffron.

Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.

Remove the rice from the oven and add the peas, fluffing the rice and mixing in the peas at the same time. Serve hot.

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Mexican Chicken and Rice dish /Arrozo com Pollo cjs I couldn't see any r...
You? Miss something? Never! LOL Looks like the recipes are in an e-cookbook.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Mexican Chicken and Rice dish /Arrozo com Pollo Lorraine You? Miss something...

and you miss, do you know I laughed out loud when I saw "Lorraine" posted in a Mexican thread....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Mexican Chicken and Rice dish /Arrozo com Pollo cjs [img]/ubbthreads/ima...
"do you know I laughed out loud when I saw "Lorraine" posted in a Mexican thread.... '

It'll be awhile before you see me posting a Mexican recipe.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Mexican Chicken and Rice dish /Arrozo com Pollo Lorraine You? Miss something...
Duh, me. I forget that you need to have the ebook or, like I have the little spiral bound one. Some sample recipes are on the site tho' and some yummy looking pix too.
One very useful thing to me was her "Mexican Pantry" area. Everything she suggested has turned out to be right on.
Cis
ps there is Arroz con Pollo in my book, is that legal if I post that?
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Mexican Chicken and Rice dish /Arrozo com Pollo farnfam Duh, me. I forget t...
"ps there is Arroz con Pollo in my book, is that legal if I post that? "

(I wouldn't tell a soul.... )
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Mexican Chicken and Rice dish /Arrozo com Pollo cjs "ps there is Arroz c...
I love that he has pics of all his dishes and pics of the directions.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
Mexican Chicken and Rice dish /Arrozo com Pollo