I made this about an hour ago and I sincerely doubt there will be enough left to mix with farfalle for supper tonight.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Fabulous Cilantro Pesto w/Farfalle

Recipe By :Gena Urias
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Condiments

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 package farfalle pasta -- (16 ounce)
1 bunch fresh cilantro
5 cloves garlic -- minced
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
salt to taste
1/2 cup olive oil

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and return water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain well.

In an electric food processor or blender, blend cilantro, garlic, vinegar, Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, nuts, and salt. Add 1/4 cup of the olive oil, and blend the pesto. Add more olive oil until the pesto reaches your desired consistency.

Pour pesto in a small saucepan and warm over low heat, stirring constantly, until pesto begins to simmer. Pour over cooked pasta and toss.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Cilantro Pesto bjcotton I made this about an...
Oh my, I really have to try this one. It sounds great.

I like to stir some pesto into dishes with white beans in them too. Great flavor.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Cilantro Pesto Mare749 Oh my, I really have...
I love white beans, and this cilantro pesto sounds so good!
In the queu...

PJ
PJ

Re: Cilantro Pesto pjcooks I love white beans, ...
We made farfalle pasta and stirred this into it. It wasn't very tasty until we added some salt and then....wonderful. Three of us ate the whole pound of farfalle with this pesto. I made it with little salt so Fredia could eat it, but unfortunately she didn't like the flavor...so, I added salt and you know the rest. We're all sitting here way over fed

Next I'm going to make some Garlic Pesto

Billy
  Re: Cilantro Pesto Mare749 Oh my, I really have...
I love cilantro pesto and I love beans added to pasta dishes...so, this (and Maryann's idea)is (are) right up our alley - sounds good!

We leave again Wednesday and this will be a nice trailer dish. added to the list.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cilantro Pesto cjs I love cilantro pest...
You mean you're going to be Trailer Trash for a while? Where ya going? Are you going to be going through Portland?

Billy

Re: Cilantro Pesto bjcotton You mean you're goin...
Quote:

You mean you're going to be Trailer Trash for a while? Where ya going? Are you going to be going through Portland?

Or Epping, NH?

PJ

Nosy bunch, aren't we
PJ

Re: Cilantro Pesto pjcooks [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Jean always finds somewhere new to eat, a new dish, a new wine, etc., so her trips are exciting. Besides, I haven't seen her and Roy for ages.

Billy

Re: Cilantro Pesto bjcotton Jean always finds so...
Yup, Portland is our first stop - we'll do some cooking with Don Kaiser in his new kitchen, that I just love.

And...we're trying to work out time to kidnap you (Billy) and all of us run up to Vancouver to Scotty's bistro Vesta's for lunch!! Sound good?

Oh, PJ - it's not going to be long till we're headed out your directon. I can hardly wait. We'll spend a nite in Stockton with Sharon (harborwitch) and Bob. We'll be seeing kids along the way also. I wish we were going far enuf south to see Denise!!! Maybe next trip.

As of May 31st, we are just Social Securtiy Blue-Hairs, so we won't be hitting all the restaurants we used to. Nor will we hit as many wineries..... (well, not as many, anyway... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cilantro Pesto cjs Yup, Portland is our...
"And...we're trying to work out time to kidnap you (Billy) and all of us run up to Vancouver to Scotty's bistro Vesta's for lunch!! Sound good?"

Jean, don't forget to tell us all about that one. I really enjoyed hearing about the last meal you had there! And no counting points that day!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Cilantro Pesto