I know I've asked this question a couple times on these boards... and I've written customer service and been ignored.

I really subscribed to the magazine because of the promise of the Members Plus site.... and that seems to have vanished completely from the web pages as even a promise. I don't need or want more books around the house.... I have too many as it is and an online archive was the siren song for me.

Does anyone (since Cuisine at Home won't answer me) have any knowledge of what is or is not going to happen with it?

I'm really feeling like I got the "bait and switch" scam from Cuisine at Home on this.

Has the "Members Plus" site been totally killed? Lila I know I've asked th...
I was over on the site the other day, and nothing new has been posted as far as bringing the archives on live to us all. In C@H's defense, I'm thinking they expanded a little too fast with not enough support groups to handle the new directions they were hoping to take...but, then again, they may all just be flakes... (I'm kidding )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm not one of the lucky ones who signed up during beta testing, but I was able to sign up for Members Plus on the C@H website not too long ago - within a month or so.

Maybe if more people asked for an explanation, they'd give us one!

Re: Has the "Members Plus" site been totally killed? HomeCulinarian I'm not one of the l...
It's not for lack of trying on our part HC. We've been bugging them ever since they closed the membership on the Beta testing site. I haven't given up hope on them opening it, I still bug them about every 2 weeks.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
This is still one of the best magazines (I'm a nut and take a lot!) there is and one of the last three I would stop. I've even got the entire collection. Order the back issues-really a treat. Jane reads me the recipes and articles while I'm driving--I take a lot of time off since my son joined the business.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Has the "Members Plus" site been totally killed? Old Bay This is still one of...
I sent a message via the Cuisine website on Saturday afternoon and received this response today...

Hi Jeannette,

Thanks for writing about our new members plus web site. We are having some last minute issues that have to be dealt with before we launch it.
Our publisher insists that everything be perfect and all the details are done ahead of time. We may change the name too, but mostly the delay has to do with marketing it and processing credit cards for the "subscription". We are hoping to offer a free 30 day period, but that's part of the problem.

Keep checking back. I wish I could give you a date, but it's sort of still up in the air. To be honest, I don't expect it to be anytime soon. Feel free to write anytime and ask for an update. Maybe we'll know something soon.

OR:

Were you trying to access it just to see if there have been any updates to the status? I'm just curious as we have taken the site down, at least for awhile. We felt is was not fair to customers who keep coming back to check the status and we never changed the status. At this time the whole project is in the hands of our CEO, Don Peschke. He has his reasons for not launching the site, mostly due to future marketing of the project. He is currently wrapped up with another huge project on one of our woodworking magazines so he is not working on the Members Plus site at this time. I don't have any further information as to the ultimate fate of the Members Plus site either. I wish I could be more helpful.

If you have any further concerns or questions, feel free to write again and I will do my best to give you an answer.

Best regards,
Jennie Enos, Manager
August Home Customer Service
Has the "Members Plus" site been totally killed?