Hey everyone

Oh my mom is desperate for a stuffed clam recipe. I personally don't care for clams and thus don't cook them.

Do you of you have any tried and true recipes?

Thanks!!

ISO - Stuffed Clam Recipe DFen911 Hey everyone [img]/u...
Denise, I made this probably a hundred years ago - looking at it, I can think of things I'd do differently nowadays... But at the time it was very good!! Maybe your mom can play with it also. (one thing, probably season some Panko and not use stuffing mix - with all its salt!))

BAKED CLAMS PERCE

24 littleneck clams (2 inches wide), scrubbed
1 cup packaged dry poultry stuffing, larger pieces crushed
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
3 bacon slices, each cut crosswise into 8 pieces
Worcestershire sauce
Accompaniment: lemon wedges

Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a 4-quart heavy pot, then add clams and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until clams just open, 4 to 8 minutes, checking frequently after 4 minutes. (Discard any clams that haven't opened after 8 minutes.) Transfer clams as they open with a slotted spoon to a bowl and discard cooking water.
Preheat broiler.
Shuck clams and reserve 24 half shells. Scrub reserved shells inside and out, then dry.
Return clams to shells and arrange in a shallow (1-inch-deep) baking pan.
Divide stuffing and cheese among clams and top each with a piece of bacon and a drop of Worcestershire sauce.
Broil clams 5 to 6 inches from heat until bacon is cooked and stuffing is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.

Makes 6 hors d'oeuvres servings.

Gourmet
November 1968; reprinted September 2001
Goodale's
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: ISO - Stuffed Clam Recipe cjs Denise, I made this ...
Oh these sound like they may work.

To be honest I've cooked stuff oysters but never clams. I figured they'd be too small

I don't really know what flavor she's looking for, and she probably doesn't either

Re: ISO - Stuffed Clam Recipe DFen911 Oh these sound like ...
then she can have lots of fun!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
ISO - Stuffed Clam Recipe