This is a cake that my mom always made during the holidays when people were visiting. It was the only time we were allowed to have cake for breakfast, so it was a real treat. It's nice and moist and keeps well.

Holiday Sour Cream Coffeecake

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 whole eggs
2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup dairy sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Topping/filling:
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift dry ingredients together; add alternately with sour cream and blend well. Add vanilla.

Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter with pastry blender. Add pecans. Turn half the batter into well greased turban mold; sprinkle with half of the topping. Top with the other half of the batter and sprinkle with remaining topping.

Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, remove from mold.
Enjoy!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Mom's Holiday Sour Cream Coffeecake Mare749 This is a cake that ...
How did I miss this one Maryann? I've never made a coffee cake, so I think I'll do this. Glad I was browsing
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Mom's Holiday Sour Cream Coffeecake bjcotton How did I miss this ...
You won't be sorry, Billy. It's such a nice and moist cake and keeps really well. Also freezes well if you need to split it in half. I just took this recipe out of my mom's old recipe box today and was thinking of making it for my dad and brother. They are on vacation and will be returning next Monday.

My brother will stay for one day before returning to Florida, so I want to make a nice dinner and some goodies for him to take home. I like to make things for him that my mom made when we were kids because I know how much he enjoys them. That's why I love these old recipes, they are full of love.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Mom's Holiday Sour Cream Coffeecake Mare749 You won't be sorry, ...
I did too, Billy!!! Now it's added to "Maryann's Momma's Recipes" - I haven't made a coffeecake forever!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Mom's Holiday Sour Cream Coffeecake