OK, so you guys "appointed" me for the next dinner review, so here is what I came up with. And am I supposed to post the recipes for these??? Constructive criticism is welcomed for this first timer!

Looked back at prior summer issues for ideas and came up with a few things. It was quite surprising to learn how many recipes there are for seafood of one type or another in each issue -- if not for a main, for a side of some type. Had not really noticed this until now, when I HAD to look for a NON-seafood recipe!!! Anyway, one idea was scrapped because I saw that back in June you guys already did that one (the planked chicken).

It is getting hotter and hotter here and was hoping to find something to keep us out of the kitchen and at the same time to use what is now being reaped in our gardens. So, how about any of these:

MAIN:
Rib-eyes with red wine feta vinaigrette (Issue 44, April 2004)
Sun-dried tomato crusted chicken (Issue 44, April 2004)
Spiced pork tenderloin with summer relish (Issue 52, August 2005)

SIDES:
Grilled summer squash with Basil Oil (Issue 52, August 2005)
Bloody Mary chopped salad (Issue 52, August 2005)
Roasted Fennel with Orange Vinaigrette (Issue 42, April 2004)
Grilled tomatoes with summer herb creme fraiche (Issue 52, August 2005)

DESSERT:
Berry cobbler
Mixed fruit triffle

And from what I've seen on your past reviews, beverages are not mentioned, but that "Fuzzy Melba" so lusciously photographed on the back cover of the August 2005 issue, will be in my left hand while the right hand does the cooking!!!!

OK, comments? votes?

Thanks!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda

NEXT DINNER REVIEW -- August 6th MUSICMAKER OK, so you guys "app...
Linda, good choices!

I will cast my votes for the dried tomato crusted chicken, grilled summer squash w/ basil oil, and the mixed fruit trifle. And those fuzzy melbas are to-die-for. They take a bit of time to mix up but are absolutely SO worth it!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Great job, Linda! They all sound good and I'll make any of them! I am a little partial to the rib-eye, a bloody mary chopped salad, and berry cobbler. Oh, and definately the Fuzzy Melba, whatever that is!

Let's see what some of the others say. Hold off posting the recipes right now because possibly somebody with access to the plus site can do it for you, saving you typing time.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
OOOH, Linda, what better time than right now to throw a ribeye on the grill? Love the feta vin. idea. And I love the idea of a tomato side, I like both of those choices.

Fuzzy Melba? Meet you on your porch in 20 minutes!!

PJ
PJ

Re: NEXT DINNER REVIEW -- August 6th pjcooks OOOH, Linda, what be...
Quote:

Fuzzy Melba? Meet you on your porch in 20 minutes!!

PJ

Waitin' for ya!!!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
Quote:

Rib-eyes with red wine feta vinaigrette (Issue 44, April 2004)
Sun-dried tomato crusted chicken (Issue 44, April 2004)
Spiced pork tenderloin with summer relish (Issue 52, August 2005)

I'm pretty sure we already did the sun-dried tomato crusted chicken but the other ideas look yummy. I'm partial to rib-eye myself.
Tammy
I'm going to have to take a pass on this event. We leave on vacation in the AM back on the 3rd. I'll be interested to read all of the reviews of whatever ya'll choose.

Re: NEXT DINNER REVIEW -- August 6th HomeCulinarian I'm going to have to...
Quote:

I'm going to have to take a pass on this event. We leave on vacation in the AM back on the 3rd. I'll be interested to read all of the reviews of whatever ya'll choose.

We'll miss you! Have a wonderful vacation and eat lots of neat stuff!

PJ
PJ
  Re: NEXT DINNER REVIEW -- August 6th HomeCulinarian I'm going to have to...
HC, have a wonderful vacation, and tell us all about it when you get back. You will be missed!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
My vote would be the ribeyes yummy. What is in the bloody Mary salad? Also do you post the recipes as I did not start receiving the books until last year and dont have any of the recipes listed?

Thanks
Linda
NEXT DINNER REVIEW -- August 6th