Got the Brinkmann smoker from Lowes on Sunday. Put pork chops on it because it was the only thing I had that could be thawed out quickly. They were good, but a little dry. Forgot to brine and that probably would have helped some.

Does anybody have any favorite recipes to share since I'm new at this?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

OK, bought my smoker....what should I cook? Mare749 Got the Brinkmann sm...
Beef Brisket!

Here's a site for smoker recipes -

http://www.smoker-cooking.com/smokedbrisketrecipes.html

And I want pictures!

Re: OK, bought my smoker....what should I cook? DFen911 Beef Brisket! [img]/...
Thanks Denise, I was thinking that might be good to start with. What's new and exciting in your world these days???
Are you doing lots of personal cheffing?

Maryann
Maryann

Re: OK, bought my smoker....what should I cook? Mare749 Thanks Denise, I was...
Yeah Denise, where ya bean? Whacha bean doing? Howya?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Not familiar with that smoker, but if it's one that you can leave smoking for 12 or 24 hours, get a big batch of red jalapeƱo peppers and make your own chipotles!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: OK, bought my smoker....what should I cook? labradors Not familiar with th...
labradors, what a great idea! Thanks!

Maryann
Maryann

We used to always make our Thanksgiving turkey on a smoker, but now have a rotisserie which competes with that plan. Turkey or chicken, that has been brined, is amazing on a smoker - your neighbors will show up for dinner though, I warn you!

Re: OK, bought my smoker....what should I cook? carolekv We used to always ma...
Thanks Carol, I hadn't thought about brining first as I'm rather new to that concept, but I will defintely try it!

Maryann
Maryann

Re: OK, bought my smoker....what should I cook? Mare749 Thanks Carol, I hadn...
I actually got hired to do a big dinner party for 16. (My max is usually 8) My daughter is going to be my server since she does that as a part time job anyways.

I'm very nervous. I was so anxious to please I said yes to everything, because well I knew I could do it all.

That was until I began going over everything once I got home. The menu as it stands now is -

Starter - Lobster Ravioli in a Basil Cream Sauce

Entree - Pan seared chicken Breast with a White Wine/Dijon mustard sauce. Brown Buttered Green Beans with Pinenuts.

Dessert - Birthday Cake to be provide by Bakery.

Ok everything is great I've done these things 100 times.

But...well 16 people, 2 ravioli each. That's 32 ravioli and I had planned on doing 40 (the just incase it explodes backup)

I need a big sautee pan for the cream sauce.

I have to sear 17 chicken breasts....that's about 3 minutes per and I can get 2-3 per pan. Then all the drippings can go into one pan to make the reduction sauce. Ok...

Oh but I have cook enough green beans..that'll be 2 pots or one large.

So we have 2 pots for Pasta, 1 pan for cream sauce, 1 for chicken reduction sauce, 1 (possibly 2) for the green beans...that brings us 6 pots/pans. She has a small 4 burner stove.

And her kitchen is a beautifully remodled one. But you can tell she's not a cook. Her sink is at one end. Her stove in the middle, her ovens on the other side and her fridge is way over in a corner.

So I also realized as I'm really thinking about the food that we have way too many heavy things here. So I am going to ask her to replace the beans with a nice cold crisp salad with a pomogranate vinaigrette. (That frees up 1 or 2 pots)

Ideas or suggestions? (Yes I have learned I am the chef I am in charge of the food and must guide them to a proper menu based on kitchen layout....Hahaha)

Re: OK, bought my smoker....what should I cook? DFen911 I actually got hired...
Well, Denise, all I can say is it sounds wonderful. I would be absolutely delighted with that menu whether you made the green beans or the salad. Personally, I would lean toward the salad since it's summer right now.
Please let us all know how it turns out! We all miss hearing from you!

Maryann
Maryann

OK, bought my smoker....what should I cook?