[Image: DSCN0499.jpg]

I've made this before but never followed the recipe, usually I do mushrooms and cheese, spinach and cheese w/some sort of wine sauce. Thought I'd actualy do the real thing start to finish for a change, w/the Bravas Potatoes (been doing these for at least 25 yrs and didn't know they had a name) and the Chimichurri sauce.

Only change: no cilantro so used more parsley and some fresh oregano.

I cooked to 140 as recommended and it was a little too cooked for me, but the kids will like that. As far as flavor goes, it was good, but w/out the sauce it would be boring. I think I'd use a stronger cheese, the fontina was too mild and sort of faded into the steak.

All in all, it was good but not great. Next time I'll go back to my way, sauteed mushrooms, fresh herbs and Swiss cheese.

After I got it rolled and tied, I realized it wouldn't fit into my largest frying pan (or even a half pan) so I had to bend it a bit. That made some cheese leak out, but that wasn't a problem. Good thing The Picky One wasn't home, he would have been photographing me trying to squeeze this 2# rolled monster into a 12" frying pan.

And that's my dinner. Hopefully someone will roll in shortly to eat it!

PJ

Editing to add Issue #50, April 2005, pg. 19

Supper tonight: Stuffed Flank Steak pjcooks [img]http://i197.pho...
Very pretty, PJ! Sure looks good to me!
Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Supper tonight: Stuffed Flank Steak Mare749 Very pretty, PJ! Su...
Thanks, Maryann!

PJ
PJ

Re: Supper tonight: Stuffed Flank Steak pjcooks Thanks, Maryann![br]...
"Bravas Potatoes (been doing these for at least 25 yrs and didn't know they had a name)" - me too, pj. I've just always called them roasted potatoes (except I've never covered them during the roasting)

looks tasty - but I like your idea of a stronger cheese.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Supper tonight: Stuffed Flank Steak