Ok so not sure if I'm developing one or not.

In my corporate job there's a been a lot of things happening. We've had to close an office and lay off a couple of more people. I don't feel too threatened. But then on Friday things came to a head with me and one of the accountants who is such a screw up. But needless to say my boss tells me to find $28,000 in phone bills, which I found that she over paid (again). So I let loose that I am tired of correcting her errors and wasting my time....and well I unloaded. So we're having a meeting on Monday. Great.

I have this big dinner coming up, also my dad's 70th B-day. Which kinda freaks me out that my dad is ...70...when did that happen?

Anyways I've been having pains in my stomach. Not heartburn, no chest pains just a sharp pain in my stomach. I've been watching what I'm eating to make sure nothing is spicy etc. Lol now I'll worry I have an ulcer

I watched a friend of mine take the test and man I really do not want to go thru that.

I'm hoping it's just stress.

Anyone ever have an ulcer? DFen911 Ok so not sure if I'...
It has been fairly well established that gastic ulcers come from close living, communal bowls for eating etc. rather than stress. But what you are describing would give anyone a pain in the belly. Always best to get it checked out though. Off to the dr. with you.

Re: Anyone ever have an ulcer? vannin It has been fairly w...
Agree with Vannin -- off to the doctor with ya. There are other "things" any "good" doctor can do for you before taking you to the step that your friend went to, so don't worry about that right now. Lower your stress level with that tiny piece of info, make yourself an appointment first thing Monday a.m. and let your doctor worry about the next step with your belly pain. Good luck and keep us informed.
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
Yes---both of us had ulcers a few years ago----tons of stress in our neurosurgical practice and personal stuff---anyway--hubby went on a mission and the new treatment (then) was a regiemn of medications for ten days--it was quite an adventure (YUCK!!!) and I dreaded the chalky tabs that had to be chewed.

Our symptoms were the same as yours, Denise. We have had NO problems since except when we eat really spicey--soooo--minimal spices in our diets.

I agree with the others---go and have it checked post haste and have a little peace of mind --- one should never postpone those signals cuz they just progress!!

Keep us posted on your situation and most importantly---GET BETTER!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
What everyone else said, Denise - go to the Dr. and take care of your self.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Hi, Denise,

I hope you're feeling better soon, hopefully after tomorrow's meeting.

My ex-hub and my 21 yr old have what the doctor calls a "nervous" stomach. No ulcers in either of them, but stress gives them stomach pains and nausea. Hope this is all this is for you, too, after all is said and done.

My Dad turned 71 this year, (I know, when did that happen??) I had to call him down from the roof he was shingling to wish him a happy birthday

I hope this is all it is, Denise. Happy Birthday, Denise's Dad, good luck w/your dinner party and stand your ground during the meeting!!

Feel better,

PJ
PJ

Re: Anyone ever have an ulcer? pjcooks Hi, Denise, [br][br...
You guys are all terrific. I am taking vacation the next of next week and the next full week so I will schedule an appointment.

I know a great way to solve this...win the lotto and quit my job. But I have yet to buy a ticket

Re: Anyone ever have an ulcer? DFen911 You guys are all ter...
My chiropractor chewed my butt the other day about eating ice cream everyday. He said "I don't care if your blood sugar is 120 in the morning and your 90 day test is a 6.0! You need to exercise and manage your diet! When Fredia is resting, you take a walk, short or long, whatever you can manage! I'm sorry your hips hurt after 200', work through it! Doctors are like firemen, nobody calls until the house in totally involved in fire. Then they expect the firemen to put it out!" See your Dr. early Sweetums and maybe he can put the sparks out instead of waiting for the fire.

Of course I said, "Yes Doctor, yes Doctor." and went home and had some ice cream.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Anyone ever have an ulcer? bjcotton My chiropractor chew...
Yeah Denise, do what he says....not what he does.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Anyone ever have an ulcer?