Cis etal loves hot food - Maryann etal loves pizza, so here's to you two!! I first made this pizza 10/15/90, so of course Roy had to tease me about not repeating recipes too often... but 17 years is just stretching it a little!

If you're not familiar with James McNair's books, he is certaily worth checking out - all his books are one-themed recipes, I have four or five and don't think we've ever gotten a bad dish from him. So, here you go, 'hot' pizza lovers!!

[Image: CHIXPIZZA.jpg]

* Exported from MasterCook *

GARLIC-GLAZED CHICKEN PIZZA
"McNair's Note: Even garlic lovers might be alarmed by the huge quantity of the aromatic bulb, but it turns sweet & succulent during the cooking." (it sure does!!)
James McNair's Pizza Book

Pizza crust
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 heads garlic, broken into cloves, peeled, & coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons crushed dried red chili pepper flakes
1/2 cup soy sauce
5 Tablespoons honey
1 1/2 cups rice wine vinegar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
5 boned & skinned chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
Cornmeal if using a pizza wheel
8 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
Cilantro leaves for garnish

Have your pizza dough ready.

Put the sesame seeds in a small skillet: over medium heat. Toast the seeds, stirring or shaking the pan, until golden, about 4 minutes. Empty onto a plate to cool. Reserve.
Combine the garlic, crushed red pepper, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar in a bowl. Reserve.

Heat 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil in a sauté pan or large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté chicken until opaque on all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve. Pour the garlic mixture into the skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce is reduced to the consistency of syrup, about 15 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and cook, stirring constantly until the pieces are lightly glazed, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and reserve.

Shape the dough as directed in the basic recipe. Brush dough all over with vegetable oil, then top with a layer of each of the cheeses and the glazed chicken, leaving a 1" border around the edges. Sprinkle with the green onions. Drizzle evenly with vegetable oil.

Transfer the pie to the preheated baking surface and bake as directed in the basic recipe. Remove from the oven to a cutting tray or board and lightly brush the crust with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and a few leaves of cilantro, slice, and serve immediately.

Serves 4 to 6 as a main course, 8 to 10 as a starter.

[Image: CHIXPIZZATWO.jpg]

Since my pizza dough is frozen in 10" size balls, I made half the recipe for the topping (and I still have half left for another 10 incher - frozen ). OUt of green onions, so used a shallot and of course I grilled it not baked.

The cilantro wasn't called for and I didn't think of it until I was halfway trhu my first piece, but I had some fresh in the frig so added it and oh my, it was just perfect with the flavors.

This is so good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

For Cis and Maryann Especially!! cjs Cis etal loves hot f...
Oh MY! That is absolutely tempting, Jean. Thanks so much for posting. Can't wait to try this, we'll be sure to get everything we need when we shop this week. I'm going to grill it too, nothing can beat that flavor. Bet Maryann is going to flip too
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: For Cis and Maryann Especially!! farnfam Oh MY! That is absol...
Jean, I have a bunch of his books also, and love them.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: For Cis and Maryann Especially!! Lorraine Jean, I have a bunch...
Oh that's right, I had forgotten we've talked about his dishes before!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: For Cis and Maryann Especially!! cjs Oh that's right, I h...
I LOVE PIZZA----any type of pizza---yummmmm---printed and will do eventually!!! THANKS, Jean
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  For Cis and Maryann Especially!! cjs Cis etal loves hot f...
Ooooh! Some of my favourite things: garlic, red onions, cilantro. Sounds yummy!

One time, I made a pizza by making a fresh salsa (tomatoes, jalapeños, onions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice) for the "sauce," Monterey Jack for the cheese, and fresh chorizo (not the dried kind) for the topping. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: For Cis and Maryann Especially!! labradors Ooooh! Some of my f...
That looks absolutely scrumptious, Jean! We love pizza and we love things hot, so this is perfect. Sure sounds like a ton of garlic though......Did you actually use that much??? Also, where did you find that nifty pizza pan?

Thanks for posting, I'll be making this very soon. I use your pizza dough recipe exclusively now, and since learning how to do it on the grill, that's the only way!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: For Cis and Maryann Especially!! Mare749 That looks absolutel...
Yes, I used the called for amount of garlic - I made 1/2 the recipe and used one large head! It's wonderful!

I found a bunch of those pizza screens a number of years ago - and I've found if I stretch the dough onto the screen and place right on the grill, I can remove it after a couple minutes and the dough has set up enuf where I now have 'pizza looking' rounds - rather than the way I used to stretch it out of shape transferring it to the grill.

labradors - that salsa pizza sounds really good! (hmmmm, linguica....) Does anyone not like pizza??????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: For Cis and Maryann Especially!! Mare749 That looks absolutel...
Sure sounds and looks good Jean. A little too much red pepper flakes for us, but..........
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: For Cis and Maryann Especially!! bjcotton Sure sounds and look...
no, Billy J, this would not be your cuppa at all!!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
For Cis and Maryann Especially!!