This is what we had for supper last night, from Weeknight Menus 2.

[Image: DSCN0507-1.jpg]

It was very good, although it's more of a Chicken Marsala w/prosciutto. No matter the name, we enjoyed it. Of course I had to double up on the sauce ingredients for Picky, and made sure I gave him no mushrooms (and most of the sauce), but he ate it all. Served w/sauteed asparagus and corn on the cob and rolls. I did dredge my pounded chix breasts in flour first, always makes such a difference when cooking them.

Hey, Mikey liked it!

PJ
PJ

Chicken Saltimbocca Review pjcooks This is what we had ...
Sounds ( and looks) great! It'll be a few weeks before I get my copy, but sure am looking forward to it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Chicken Saltimbocca Review pjcooks This is what we had ...
I just picked up my copy of WNM 2 at my grocery store. I was so excited when I saw it! lol

Anyway, I haven't stopped looking at it since then (matter of fact, I just put it down so I could make dinner!) I was wondering about this recipe, hubby and kids don't like mushrooms so much <sigh> I'm holding out hope that the kids will like them when they're a little older. I was wondering though, can you freeze prosciutto? Because a couple of the recipes use it and since it doesn't come cheap around here I wouldn't want it to go to waste.

I did make the garlicky spinach (side dish) tonight. It's a pretty basic recipe but I think next time I will cut back by at least half on the red pepper flakes. I like spicy food, but this was a little too much for my taste. After I ate it (had to sample it! )all around my mouth was tingling/burning!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]

Re: Chicken Saltimbocca Review mlucas1 I just picked up my ...
Hi, Meg, I freeze my prosciutto all the time. I double wrap then put in a freezer bag. Mike doesn't like mushrooms, either, so I made the sauce as is, doubling the liquids, then just didn't give him the mushrooms. Picky, picky. The marsala and the prosciutto really dominate.

I've found, too, to start out easy on the red pepper flakes and the vinegar in a lot of these recipes. Once you know that, it's easy to adjust afterwards.

PJ
PJ

Re: Chicken Saltimbocca Review pjcooks Hi, Meg, I freeze my...
gee, that looks yummy, PJ!! I'm also in the camp of folks biding my time till the arrival of #2...

I'm with PJ - I try to always have prosciutto and other meats of this type in the freezer - they are usually called for in small amounts and they sure are expensive!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Chicken Saltimbocca Review cjs gee, that looks yumm...
"I try to always have prosciutto and other meats of this type in the freezer "

Why have I never thought of freezing it before??? Thanks, Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Thanks for the information, PJ. I may go ahead and try the saltimbocca anyway and see what the family says. It looks delicious!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]

Re: Chicken Saltimbocca Review mlucas1 Thanks for the infor...
Made the Chicken Saltimbocca last night and we loved it! Two thumbs up from my 17 year old daughter, sans mushrooms for her, and an excellent from the hubby. Definitely will make again.

We also made the Papparedelle with spinach as a side. Simple and a very nice with the chicken.
Wow! Great tip! Thanks. If something calls for proscuitto I usually have to make a special trip to the grocery store. Freezing is an excellent solution!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Chicken Saltimbocca Review luvnit Wow! Great tip! Tha...
AND...you usually don't need it all, so we scramble around to make something to use it up....what we don't nibble on...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Chicken Saltimbocca Review