Does anyone have the recipe for Tomato Concassé from the Weeknight Menu book? I've had the chicken bistro cakes earmarked for awhile and thought the sauce would be great. Thanks!!

Tomato Concassé Lisa152 Does anyone have the...
I'm a bit surprised Billy hasn't responded to this one---he always RAVES about Concasse

TOMATO CONCASSE

Makes about 2 1/2 cups
Total time: 15 minutes

Saute in 2 TBS Olive Oil:
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp red pepper flakes

Add:
1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz.)
Salt to taste

Saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil in a saucepan over medium high heat for 1 minute.

Add tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes to evaporate some of the liquid. Season with salt.

This is such a nice recipe as an addition. I have made this, cooking a bit longer and adding a bit more garlic with basil for a pizza base---simple but GREAT!!!!

How did I miss those Chicken Bistro Cakes??? I've done almost all of the recipes in this magazine and have been happy with most of them!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Tomato Concassé Lisa152 Does anyone have the...
It is a great combination. We sure enjoyed it.

Re: Tomato Concassé HomeCulinarian It is a great combin...
Thank you!!!!!

Re: Tomato Concassé Lisa152 Thank you!!!!!...
Watch the red pepper flakes, depending on who's eating it, it can be pretty spicy. If it is a little on the acid side, don't be afraid to add some sugar. I usually add the sugar anyway since we like that hint of sweetness with the spicy.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Tomato Concassé bjcotton Watch the red pepper...
I've never made this one,I use the recipe from the Chicken Roulades. I'll have to give it a try.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Tomato Concassé Lorraine I've never made this...
That's the one I always seem to go to also, Lorraine.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Tomato Concassé cjs That's the one I alw...
I think I'll wait until winter to try this one, when cherry tomatoes are really expensive.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Tomato Concassé