This turned out so good they ate the whole thing!

[Image: IMG_0314.jpg]

Thanks Sugarbrown!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake Mare749 This turned out so g...
Beautiful, Maryann! Can you send a slice this-a-way??? Can practically taste it!

Did you have to double the recipe or is this just one batch that fit in that pan?
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake MUSICMAKER Beautiful, Maryann! ...
Thanks Linda, that was just one recipe. The pan probably could have held a bit more, but a double recipe would have been too much. It did turn out nice. That's only the second time I've used that pan and as long as I spray it with cooking spray with flour, it comes out fine.

Maryann
Maryann

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake Mare749 Thanks Linda, that w...
I have that pan, too, and you almost have to use the "spray" in it -- far too many nooks and crannies! It is a fairly large pan -- and even heavier!!! -- that's why I asked if you doubled the recipe or not. Nice to know. Marked the recipe with this info! Thanks!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
oh my, what a gorgeous cake, Maryann!! Between how great it looks and the way it tastes (have made this one), no wonder it was all gone!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake cjs oh my, what a gorgeo...
Thanks Jean. I'm bringing this up to the top so Billy sees it, since he talks about this cake a lot.
Maryann

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake Mare749 Thanks Jean. I'm br...
someone go wake him up....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh my LORD, Maryann!

I have NEVER seen that cake look so good! lol

I'm just too embarrassed to admit I have never seen the design of that cake pan...Is there a name for it?

How lovely! I'll have to show my Mom for sure.

Thanks for posting that. I think it's time to drag some bananas out of the freezer and make it again.. yikes

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake sugarbrown Oh my LORD, Maryann!...
If its by Nordic Ware its called Chrysanthemum. I got one from my mother a few years ago for my birthday. Lovely pan and one of my faves from Nordic Ware.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake luvnit If its by Nordic War...
Laura is right about the name. Nordicware makes some others as well. You can look at them on cooking.com. I'm not a great baker (yet) so I was just thrilled with how pretty my cake turned out.

Nifty little tip for anyone who is interested. I saw a show a while back with Sandra Lee. She took a small bouquet of flowers (can't remember if they were silk or real) and placed them in the center of the cake. It was so pretty and would make such a nice gift, too.

Sugarbrown, give your mom a big hug from me and thank her for saving this recipe.

Maryann
Maryann

Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake