My daughter asked me to make an old [Email]C@H[/Email] family favorite last night... Grilled Summer Vegetable Salad with Creamy Orzo and Balsamic Pork Tenderloins (Issue No. 22). [Email]C@H[/Email] has been putting variations on this recipe in later editions, so it will be familiar to many of you.

The pork marinates in olive oil, cider vinegar, rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic. Grilled, then it is brushed in the final stages with a balsamic reduction.

The veges are grilled, then tossed in a simple dressing of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, parsley, thyme, rosemary, S&P.

The creamy orzo is just 2 c of orzo simmered in 6 cups of chicken broth and more rosemary. Serve the hot vegetable salad on the orzo and top off with some dry crumbled goat cheese.

Excellent dinner - beautiful presentation.

Made C@H Old Favorite yesterday HomeCulinarian My daughter asked me...
Don't think I've made this, but it's sounds great! (with my memory tho, who knows ) will look for it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Made C@H Old Favorite yesterday HomeCulinarian My daughter asked me...
hmmmmm, still haven't looked for this one - I'm off now.

Yum, here it is -
Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
(Cuisine, August 2000, Issue 22, p. 9)

Makes: Six 4 oz. Servings Total Time: 27-30 Minutes Rating: Easy

For the Balsamic Tenderloin —
Trim and Tie:
2 pork tenderloins (2-3 pounds)

Marinate in:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 T. chopped fresh rosemary, (or 2 t. dried)
1 T. kosher salt
1 1/2 t. black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced

Simmer and Reduce for Glaze:
1 cup balsamic vinegar

Grill Pork; Brush with:
1/4 cup Balsamic Glaze

Related Recipes:

Grilled Summer Vegetable Salad

Balsamic Glaze

Trim fat and tie two, 2 - 3 pound pork tenderloins. To make the tenderloins consistent in size, fold over the narrow tail end of the tenderloin and tie it in place up over the body. Use on cotton kitchen twine. Continue tying the rest of the tenderoin at 1 1/2" intervals along the entire length. Pull the string tightly around the meat and knot. You'll use about five 5" pieces of string for each tenderloin.

Marinate pork tenderloin in olive oil, cider vinegar, and next 4 spices. A resealable plastic bag works well. Place the bag in a pan to catch any leaks; seal and store upright in refrigerator for up to an hour.

Simmer balsamic vinegar over high heat (about 3 minutes) for the Balsamic Glaze, then reduce heat to medium-low. Keep it simmering gently, uncovered. Reduce to 1/4 cup, about 13 minutes. You want the glaze to be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Any longer and it'll have the consistency of hot tar and taste burned. Transfer the vinegar to another container to cool. Preheat grill to medium-high.

To grill tenderloins place them on the grill, cover, and cook four minutes. Then rotate tenderloins, cover and cookanother four minutes. Rotate a final time and cook to the doneness you want. For medium-rare, cook 15 min. to an internal temp. of 145°. For medium, cook 17 min. to an internal temp. of 150°. For medium-well, cook 19 min. to an internal empt. of 155°. Tent the tenderloins with foil and let rest for five minutes. Then, remove the strings and slice diagonally into 1/2"-thick slices. The angled cut gives you larger slices. And the slices will fan out nicely on the plate. Now is the time to show off your work. First, make a bed of orzo on the plate. Then, put some of the grilled vegetables on top, and sprinkle with crumbled dry goat cheese. Now, lean several slices of the tenderloin against the salad. A serving of pork is about 4 - 6 ounces. That's three or four slices each. (Shown here with Grilled Summer Vegetable Salad).

Nutrition Information (Per serving):
294 calories 46% calories from fat 15g total fat 7g carb. 462mg sodium

-----

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Made C@H Old Favorite yesterday cjs hmmmmm, still haven'...
We LOVE this recipe. Suggest that you reduce the balsamic a day before company arrives. It does make the whole house smell!

Re: Made C@H Old Favorite yesterday HomeCulinarian We LOVE this recipe....
I'll bet it does!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Made C@H Old Favorite yesterday