We have done chicken to death; we have allergies to seafood; even pork has been done a lot; how 'bout some beef for our next dinner???

I just searched over in the archives and there are some good ideas - what does everyone think???

All-American Stuffed Flank Steak
(Cuisine at home, April 2005, Issue 50, p. 21)
(stuffed with spinach, mashed tatoes and cheddar)

Beef Tip Stroganoff
(Cuisine at home, December 2004, Issue 48, p. 42)

Beer Braised Brisket
(Cuisine at home, October 2004, Issue 47, p. 7)

Pizza with Barbecued Beef and Onions
(Cuisine at home, April 2006, Issue 56, p. 26)

Ropa Viejo
(Cuisine at home, October 2004, Issue 47, p. 11)

Thai Beef Salad
(Cuisine at home, June 2002, Issue 33, p. 14)

Enough to choose 'tween??? Too many???? Let's choose.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Where's The Beef? Dinner Review? cjs We have done chicken...
What's the Ropa Viejo? That sounds fun.......
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Well, Jean, they all sounded so good, and I can hardly stand everyone having recipes at their fingertips because they subscribe to 'Cuisine At Home', that I sent away for a free mag sample.....knowing full well that I'll be goin' for the 2 years subscription...
Now maybe I can keep up to all you guys!

Re: Where's The Beef? Dinner Review? sugarbrown Well, Jean, they all...
Cindy, you really don't have to wait for your free issue to come in snail mail....you can view it on [Email]C@H[/Email] web page. Just click where the almost-frosted cake is, "preview a free issue", and there it is. That is the issue they will be sending you!

Beef sounds good, but not the pizza one or the Thai salad one for this vote. All salad and pizza'd out. Would also like to know what the beef viejo is.
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda

Re: Where's The Beef? Dinner Review? MUSICMAKER Cindy, you really do...
Quote:

Would also like to know what the beef viejo is.

Ropa Vieja is a traditional, Cuban dish made of beef that is shredded so that it somewhat resembles old (vieja) clothes (ropa) or rags. That and Lechón Asado (Cuban Roast Pork) are my favourite Cuban dishes, especially at the Oasis restaurant in Longwood, FL (just North of Orlando) or the Versailles restaurant in Miami, FL.

As far as beef dishes are concerned, why not try something you've probably never had, but is really great: Beef Bulgogi.

Beef Bulgogi is a Korean beef dish that is absolutely wonderful. I used this recipe, when I was still in the States, and took it to my church's internationally themed, missions-conference dinner. Well, unbeknownst to me, there were actually several Koreans visiting, and as I was standing, talking with a friend, someone else approached me, introduced the Koreans, and told me they had asked who made the bulgogi. After that, the Koreans thanked me for making the dish and commented on how authentic it tasted, so I guess I picked the right recipe to use! That has become part of my regular rotation of beef dishes (along with Beef Stroganoff, Pot Roast, and Sauerbraten). Where the recipe calls for one kiwi, one apple, or one Asian Pear, I use the kiwi. Also, for the wine, I use Japanese cooking rice wine. Finally, where it states that the vinegar is optional, I DO use that, and it is Asian rice vinegar.

ENJOY!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Where's The Beef? Dinner Review? sugarbrown Well, Jean, they all...
It didn't take me long either, Cindy. I started chatting with these guys and within a few days I was a subscriber. Very glad I signed up too.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Stuffed flank steak! It's getting coolish here, nice transition meal!

PJ
PJ

Re: Where's The Beef? Dinner Review? pjcooks Stuffed flank steak!...
Been craving flank steak lately. Sounds good to me.
Shannon

Re: Where's The Beef? Dinner Review? Dismc Been craving flank s...
One person won't eat any stuffed meat. I'd like the stroganoff, or the vieja sounds interesting also. But, I'll go with the majority.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Where's The Beef? Dinner Review? Dismc Been craving flank s...
I love flank steak, I think it's so flavorful. I'd rather have flank than filet, most of the time I think.

PJ
PJ
Where's The Beef? Dinner Review?