I am looking for a recipe for squash that I can go and prefer something that I won't have to peel prior to cooking it.

Thanks

ISO roasted butternut squash recipe Emmasmum I am looking for a r...
I cut them in half,clean them out, roast them upside down for about 1/2 hour. Then turn right side up, brush with butter, add a bit of either brown sugar or maple syrup. Raisins are good also. Depending on the size, I just test with a fork to see when done. We have tons of them at the Farmer's Market now!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: ISO roasted butternut squash recipe Lorraine I cut them in half,c...
Lorraine

Thanks what temp?

Re: ISO roasted butternut squash recipe Emmasmum Lorraine[br][br]Than...
Lorraine cooks everything at 350F I'm lying Emmasmum, she cooks it at 400F

You can also do this in the microwave. Let me see if I wrote down the times I use. Found it. I wash the squash, poke a couple of holes in it; micro on high for 2-3 minutes; cut in half and remove seeds; place cut side down on a baking dish and micro on high about 6 minutes; turn cut side up, brush with butter, brown sugar, chopped walnuts, a little salt, and a grating or two of nutmeg; cover with plastic wrap and cook on high another 6-8 minutes or until tender. Serves 4.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: ISO roasted butternut squash recipe bjcotton Lorraine cooks every...
They are just lovely unpeeled, seeded, baked, as above. Served one half each person, with mushroom, (or soup of choice) in the 'bowls' of the butternut. Very pretty served with salad on the same plate. Must be assembled at the serving time though. Quite filling.
  Re: ISO roasted butternut squash recipe bjcotton Lorraine cooks every...
" Lorraine cooks everything at 350F "

Not quite everything, but the squash, yes. LOL
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
ISO roasted butternut squash recipe