In at work at 5am (means up at 3). Along with our regular jobs, we had a plated dinner for 180 in the Ballroom, located across campus. Chicken aux fines herbes, beautiful fresh veggies, wild rice, mesclun w/grilled pears, gorgonzola and handmade croutons, rolls and pumpkin cheesecake w/praline sauce, chantilly cream and strawberries. Nice part is our job went beautifully, we were coordinated and fast. Unfortunately the catering staff had some newbies who were overwhelmed and things didn't go quite as smoothly as they could have on their part. It was also great to be able to walk away once everyone was served, leaving the cleanup to the caterers So many hurdles to jump to get the food from point A to Point B without having it overcooked. We're subtly cooking it over a 3 hr span, lot of logistics to make sure it's always in temp.

Now I'm home and starting to get ready for Danny's party tomorrow. Just needed to get my second wind!

PJ
PJ

The fun begins pjcooks In at work at 5am (m...
TAKE A DEEP BREATH and a nice glass of wine!!!

Good on ya girl---another project done!!! The fun time is about to begin---family is the BEST!!!! Enjoy and keep us informed---don't forget the pics!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: The fun begins Roxanne 21 TAKE A DEEP BREATH ...
well....just one glass, PJ, then on to the party prep. (I'll drink your share for you - anything for a friend) Have fun!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: The fun begins cjs well....just one gla...
PJ what a job! Sounds like you did a fantastic job and just rolled with the punches. That's the sign of a great professional

Wow 2 parties back to back. I'm impressed Lol just reading all that makes me want a glass of wine hahaha.
  The fun begins pjcooks In at work at 5am (m...
[Image: DSCN0548.jpg]

(I'm that tired looking blonde in the back)

We had a great time! I did spend a lot of time getting ready yesterday but everything was almost ready at 3, so that's good. It was nice to have everyone together. My 97 yr old grandmother was up, and Picky's Mom and Aunt both talked with me for some time. (Remember, they haven't for 11 yrs). They loved what I've done with the house (meaning: something, and the food. Practically nothing left. The party lasted for over 6 hours, enough time for lunch and dinner.

I baked the tortiere in a 2" half pan, cause it was easier. Everyone loved it with all the chutneys. Thanks, Lorraine, Jean and Maryanne!

The meatballs were great, too, Thanks to whomever gave me that recipe. (I'm sorry I can't remember, maybe Billy?)

My White Choco Mousse Cake w/a floating raspberry, choc almond paste crust and bittersweet choc glazed was inhaled immediately, it's cool looking but takes a week to make. A labor of love, for sure!

[Image: DSCN0528.jpg]

And here are the boys with their fiancees and their great grandmother

[Image: DSCN0531.jpg]

I'm tired but it was worth it. Just scrubbing down chaffers and cleaning up now.

Thank goodness they've already put deposits down for their halls

PJ
PJ

Re: The fun begins pjcooks [img]http://i197.pho...
Fantastic PJ!! Which is 'picky'?? Now, I'll give you your wine glass back...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: The fun begins cjs Fantastic PJ!! Which...
Thanks, Jean, Picky was the photographer! Mom, Dad, my 3 sons, my nephew, my grandmother and the soon to be daughters~neither my sister nor I have any girls, we're pretty excited!

Thanks for the glass

PJ
PJ

Re: The fun begins pjcooks Thanks, Jean, Picky ...
Wow, PJ, you rock! Great job! And you have a beautiful family, too. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Now, take some time for you, a long soak, a candle, and a glass of wine...

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: The fun begins Mare749 Wow, PJ, you rock! ...
Wow PJ, you really know how to throw a bash!
Best of luck to all, and thanks for sharing
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: The fun begins farnfam Wow PJ, you really k...
Sounds like a great time, Pj, and thanks for the pics. That's one awesome looking cake!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
The fun begins