O.K., nothings going on here, so how about this - coco is still napping and Lorraine is going to be out of touch with her kitchen around her birthday, so come on Lorraine. Do you want to go with the Mulligatawny chicken Pot Pie (I think that's the one you mentioned??)

What side dish? Any dessert or are we all in training for the upcoming holidays...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Next Dinner For Review - Oct. 22nd???? cjs O.K., nothings going...
That pot pie sounds like a great choice to me, but I'll wait for Lorraine's answer on this one.

Jenni got me thinking about cobblers, but that would be two items with a crust. Still, something with apples sounds good. Maybe a crisp? I got some excellent apples the other day.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
This is from the Weeknights??? I still need to purchase these books. Sounds great. I have been yearning for pot pie ever since Newburg Pot Pie it's been on my brain.

Anyway, which edition is this from?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Jean, I don't think there is a pot pie by that name, at least not one that I can find. There is a soup, however. Maybe that's what Lorraine meant?

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Next Dinner For Review - Oct. 22nd???? Mare749 Jean, I don't think ...
The recipe is in the 2nd issue of Weeknight Menus, pg. 64

Here tis -

Mulligatawny Chicken Pot Pie

SAUTE IN 2 T:. UNSALTED BUTTER -- STIR IN:
1/2 Cup onion -- diced
2 T. curry powder
1 T. garlic -- minced
1 T. fresh ginger -- minced
1 T. jalapeno -- seeded, minced
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sweet potato -- peeled, diced

WHISK TOGETHER -- ADD:
1/2 cup coconut milk
4 t. cornstarch

OFF HEAT -- STIR IN:
2 cups cooked chicken -- shredded
1/2 cup frozen peas

ROLL OUT AND TRIM -- BRUSH WITH:
1/2 lb. puff pastry dough (1 sheet)
1 T. unsalted butter -- melted

Preheat oven to 400° -- thaw puff pastry according to package directions. Line a baking sheet with foil.

Sauté onion, curry powder, garlic, ginger, jalapeno, and pepper flakes in 2 T. butter in a large pot over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir in broth and sweet potato, increase heat to medium-high, and simmer until sweet potato is tender, 6-7 minutes.

Whisk coconut milk and cornstarch together in a dish, then stir into pot. Bring to a boil and simmer to thicken. Off heat, stir in chicken and peas. Dividemixture evenly among
4 ovenproof baking dishes and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.

Roll puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to make a 12" square. Cut dough into 4 squares and drape over the dishes, trimming any overhang. Brush tops with 1 T. butter and bake until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly, 25 minutes.

Makes 4 pot pies

[Email]C@H[/Email] Note:
No need to thaw frozen peas, they will cook in the pot pies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Next Dinner For Review - Oct. 22nd???? cjs The recipe is in the...
I am not napping, guys. I will make the next dinner suggestion. I wouldn't want to step on Lorraine's toes.

Re: Next Dinner For Review - Oct. 22nd???? coco hernandez I am not napping, gu...
Coco, my toes are so short, you'd have a had time stepping on them!!! If you'd rather something else, I have no problem, if you like the pot pie idea, what do you think about choosing the sides / salad / dessert? I'll cook just about anything!!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
I'm game for anything that doesn't involve cooking for more than 4 prople at the moment!!!

PJ

or people, either
PJ

Re: Next Dinner For Review - Oct. 22nd???? pjcooks I'm game for anythin...
I like cooking for proples.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Next Dinner For Review - Oct. 22nd???? Lorraine I like cooking for p...
I will do whatever!!!! Somebody make a decision, PLEASE!!!! It will be very nice not to have to make the decision for a dinner (at home here, that is!!!)

Where is Coco--Lorraine--maybe Tammy????
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Next Dinner For Review - Oct. 22nd????