I'm doing a Wine Maker's dinner Saturday, October 20th at a local winery that is one darn fine winery - Camraderie, here in Port Angeles. A seven course dinner and I'm just having a ball putting together a selection for the host and the winery to choose Wednesday afternoon.

Knowing me and my mouth, I'm sure you all will be sick of the news on this before it's over, but it sure feels good to be 'back in the saddle again"!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

This Old Broad (errrr, Chef) Is Having Fun!!! cjs I'm doing a Wine Mak...
Good stuff Jean, waiting with breath and hook baited.
Not a chance, Jean! I sure want to hear all about it, every detail! So, type away, as you have time, of course.

What a nice way to still do what you love. Don't forget the pics.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I will let you know when we are in Washington again, and I demand to at least buy lunch for eight--the NW festers with interesting foodies--I love your natural resources--salmon, chanterelles, Dungeness, Willamette Valley Pinot,(I do prefer Scottish smoked salmon), and raspberries--and much more. Regards, Bill.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
How much fun is that, Jean? Can't wait to hear about how you choose your menu and which wines you're pairing with the food. What comes first, the wines or the food? Have lots of fun!

PJ
PJ

Re: This Old Broad (errrr, Chef) Is Having Fun!!! pjcooks How much fun is that...
",(I do prefer Scottish smoked salmon)," - isn't that unAmerican???

Bill, I also love the Willamette wines - Pinot, yes! And, this coming weekend is the Port Angeles Dungeness Crab Festival with lots of Washington wines.

When next you head this way, you must ( ) let me plan a leg of your trip - have you arrive in Washington on the far eastern part and we will lead you through wine tasting all the way the to the western point of Port Angeles....what a few days that would be!

PJ, it's a little of both, at least for me - keeping both in mind as I think about food suggestions.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: This Old Broad (errrr, Chef) Is Having Fun!!! cjs ",(I do prefer Scott...
Now doesn't that sound like a great hoot!!! Good on ya, Jean---hope that horse ain't too big to handle!!! But you'll do it----for sure!!!! CRAB FESTIVAL?????? WHHAAAAAAA----

Keep us posted with pics------PLEASE??!!!??
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
How many people are expected, Jean? I'm still at the point where 200 in multiples (180 here, 200 there, 190 someplace else, all due w/in 15 min of each other) terrify me.

Can't wait to hear details!

PJ
PJ

Re: This Old Broad (errrr, Chef) Is Having Fun!!! pjcooks How many people are ...
Oh no, this was some sort of a charity auction that a couple bid on - I'm sure there are no more than 10-12. Maybe smaller. Thank God, there's only one of me...
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: This Old Broad (errrr, Chef) Is Having Fun!!! cjs Oh no, this was some...
So this is one you can have lots of fun with!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

PJ

I'm jealous
PJ
This Old Broad (errrr, Chef) Is Having Fun!!!