Well, the menu is in place and I'm really thrilled with it - most are dishes I've done so many times, so won't be a problem with it being just Roy & me in the kitchen. The four winery partners are going to do the serving, so that will make things so much easier.

Starters (Sparkling)
Lobster-Mango Spring Roll
Apricot Vinaigrette

Popcorn Tossed with Truffle Oil
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Leek Trio (Sparkling)
Leeks Mimosa with Hazelnuts
Parmesan-Leek Bread Pudding
Vichyssoise

Soup (viognier)
Chilled Asparagus
Timbale of Caviar, Crab, Avocado

Salad - Three Ways (Malbec)
Celeriac Remoulade
Chickpea and Carrot
Roasted Beet, Red Onion and Chives

Fish (Cab Franc)
Herb-Crusted Mahi Mahi
Oven-Roasted Fennel and Tomato
Balsamic Essence

Entree (Vertical Tasting of three Cab. Sauvignon)
Braised Lamb Shanks
Caramelized Onions and Shallots
Potato Puree

Cheese Board -------
-------
-------
Peppered Honey Drizzle
Dried fruit
Walnut brad

Dessert (something Late Harvest)
Late Harvest Riesling Sorbet
Fresh Berries
(Locally Made) Chocolate
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Wine Maker's Dinner Menu cjs Well, the menu is in...
Wow! Sounds wonderful. Please post pictures!

Re: Wine Maker's Dinner Menu HomeCulinarian Wow! Sounds wonderfu...
And recipes. This would be such a fun party to throw and I"m already planning it out in my head

Re: Wine Maker's Dinner Menu DFen911 And recipes. This wo...
Denise, any recipes that look good to you I'll be glad to give you. You could probably make a couple of really fun dinner parties out of them. (I intend to! )

I lost the recipe for the Herb-crusted Mahi Mahi with roasted fennel and tomatoes somewhere - I've torn this house apart and can't find it, so had to develop a version today. Had some neighbors in to taste test and we all liked this version - I'll probably run across the original recipe tomorrow....murphy's law!

Made the 'Leeks Mimosa with hazelnuts' today also, wasn't real sure of the recipe, and it turned out great. I'll offer this again. It's a pretty presentation for a dinner party. (so easy and a lot of make ahead....don't we love those dishes?)

P.S. to any of you non-caterers, the Leeks Mimosa with Hazelnuts would be a great 'side dish' for a dinner party - they always seem to be the stumping point of a dinner menu.

Pardon any ramblings, we started drinking wine to 'test' the recipes, had to, you know....and we just kept on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Wine Maker's Dinner Menu cjs Denise, any recipes ...
Thank you, Jean, sounds great! Tucking your post in my notebook, need all the help I can get!

This event must be so much fun for you, I'm envious. Have a wonderful time!!

PJ
PJ

Re: Wine Maker's Dinner Menu pjcooks Thank you, Jean, sou...
Oh my, this menu sound absolutely wonderful! Glad you are having fun with it, Jean. And yes, please post pics, so we can "taste" the dishes with our eyes.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Wine Maker's Dinner Menu Mare749 Oh my, this menu sou...
And any recipes that you could share---looking for new tried and true thangs----love the work days ahead and then the come together at the end----makes it worth it when it is "appreciated"!!! Sounds like a fun dinner, Jean---HAVE FUN!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Wine Maker's Dinner Menu cjs Denise, any recipes ...
Sounds wonderful! Wish we were there everything sounds so good! The leeks sound divine - I know a bunch of people who'd love to have that!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Wine Maker's Dinner Menu cjs Well, the menu is in...
Quote:

Entree (Vertical Tasting of three Cab. Sauvignon)
Braised Lamb Shanks
Caramelized Onions and Shallots
Potato Puree

I love vertical tastings, did they tell you want vintages you will be flighting?
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985

Re: Wine Maker's Dinner Menu bbally [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Quote:

I love vertical tastings, did they tell you want vintages you will be flighting?

Hmmm...Be careful. Enough "vertical" tastings, and you could wind up horizontal. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Wine Maker's Dinner Menu