I would just like to make a general statement about what friends mean to me. The last two years have been very, very rough in this household AND in some of yours also. Through it all I have felt the love and support of many, many people through their posts, phone calls, letters, cards, emails, and their asking others for updates on my situation. I have not had time, energy, nor the emotional wherewithall to respond to many of you. If not for YOU I don't believe I would have had the strength to make it through it all. My sister Fredia was the mainstay and hidden strength of the entire extended family. I had to step in and try to shoulder this tremendous load until all could manage to adjust to this loss. Without your prayers, strength and support it would not have been possible.

GOD bless you all,
Billy
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Friends bjcotton I would just like to...
Wow, what a beautiful thing to write! Thank you, Billy!
I feel as you do, this is a wonderful support group when you're going through just about anything, because most, if not all, have had trials of their own.

And YOU!!!are pretty amazing as well. For as much as you were going through these past two years, you somehow managed to pull it together and maintain a sense of humor and still be a tower of strength for your family.

Big hugs for you!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Maryanne took the words right out of my mouth, Billy. You have good friends because you are a good friend, you reap what you sow. I hope things are going more smoothly now, but I know it takes a long time to adjust.

Keep smiling, and know we're here!

PJ
PJ

Re: Friends pjcooks Maryanne took the wo...
"You have good friends because you are a good friend,"

kinda says it all, Billy J!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Friends cjs "You have good frien...
Ditto!! Billy is an amazing friend! HE was the rock that supported his family through the last two years - in spite of his own trials and tribulations, and he continues to take care of his family. He has been that kind of friend to everyone here. Cheering us up when we're down, making us laugh on a daily basis, and just being the "rock" for all of us, too, - and that makes him so very very special.

We enjoyed his visit so very much - and while neither of us discussed our sadness we laughed and hugged and took a lot of joy in our time together. We even managed a 5 dog shuffle without a hitch! Bob and I'd just love to adopt him, (but I imagine his family would object!) and Jennifer wants to fix "Billy's room" up so it's nicer for him on his next visit.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Friends Harborwitch Ditto!! Billy is an...
What can I say???? I don't know you personally, Billy but you have led me through many adventures and I thank you for that!!!!

Hope your days get better and I think we will always be here through the good and bad-----

Hugs to you and all!!!!

BTW---this is the BEST place to be if one needs a little smile and support!!!! IMHO------
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Friends Roxanne 21 What can I say???? ...
Billy you are just the cutest thing. What lovely words made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

The reason this board is so addicting isn't the food, it's the people here. The food is just gravy (yes pun intended hahaha)
And, speaking of a friend!

Billy we got the packages on Friday. Bob immediately had to go out and start bapping flies!

The next thing he did was change the gaskets on the foodsaver! Wow that thing will suck air out of a brick now! Thank you!

The knife issue is resolved, the same one! You loved it so much we just had to make sure there'd be one here for you to play with. (Might have to fight for it!LOL )

Now . . . to the best part - the grits. We made a big ol' batch yesterday and they were amazing. We had enough left to pour into a baking dish and chill for fried grits this am. Oh lordy were they ever good. They were the best I've ever, ever, EVER had!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Friends