(you know someone else could get up early and do this once in a while... )

What's on for dinner - the only thing I really miss being retired is soooooo looking forward to Fridays (or in my line of work - whatever day was my Friday!! )!

someone mentioned pizza earlier this week and tonite we're having it for the 2nd time this week! I have lots of veggies left from last weekend's do that really must be used, so will probably be a mish-mash with a little sausage thrown in for good measure.

But, I am trying a new recipe tonite - a friend to some of us, Marlene made this earlier this week and it sounds really good!

Tomato and roasted red pepper salad

I started with a recipe that I found on a c2c search and played with it a bit.
1 tsp. dijon mustard
2 tsp. honey
2 Tbls. balsamic vinegar
juice of half of a lemon
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup EVOO
3 Tbls. chiffonade fresh basil
Salt & pepper (a good grind of each)

5 Roma tomatoes
1 roasted red pepper
2 Tbls. capers

Whisk the dressing to emulsify. Dice the tomatoes and red pepper into 1/2 inch dice, add capers and toss with the dressing.

----
I also had the other half of the late harvest Riesling from making the sorbet last weekend, so that's in the works today too.

P.S. I'm so glad I chose the cook book I did this month, I'm really learning to love green tomatoes!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Dinner? cjs (you know someone el...
I saw that salad recipe and thought it looked like a perfect way to use up some tomatoes!

Right now I am waiting for the muse to strike. I know a big salad is on the menu - but I'm looking for ideas.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? Harborwitch I saw that salad rec...
Not doing pizza, I"m doing crab cakes. The crab was on sale and so I bought a pound and we're going to have them on a nice bed of greens.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? DFen911 Not doing pizza, I"m...
"I"m doing crab cakes. "
crap, here we go again....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We're doing cherry-cola ribs, mashed potatoes, cole slaw and 18 hour bread. Going to try the Banana Bread Pudding with Bourbon Hard Sauce that was in the banana thread recently for dessert.

I love when company comes to dinner and I can cook as fattening as I like.
Shannon
We are doing the Shrimp Parmesan tonight!

I can't wait to try it and see how things go.

I will let you know!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? luvnit We are doing the Shr...
Wel-l-l-l-l....
It's the Super Store Grocery Store run tonight - and some Gato Negro wine on sale, and then the Costco run...sigh....
It'll just be soup and grilled cheese tonight....or, if the hotdogs at Costco just look too good, I may have to break down and cook hotdogs.
On the other hand, there's always fresh California Rolls at our Calgary Co-op on my way home..!

hmmm...whut to choose.....whut to choose... sound familiar, Jean?

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? sugarbrown Wel-l-l-l-l....[br]I...
Yes, and I love a good old hot dog too!! (I'm so glad you're back with us, Cindy!!)
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? cjs Yes, and I love a go...
I've got some lovely lamb shoulder chops from the Indian grocery thawing out. Thinking a gratin of potatoes with blue cheese, and a lovely romaine salad with tomatoes and vidalia onion dressing. Simple and tasty!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner? Harborwitch I've got some lovely...
It's raining here and kind of cold. I didn't make plans for anything in particular for tonight and was thinking about picking up a pizza then thought again since it is homecoming weekend the restaurants will be packed...

Maybe when I walk in the kitchen I'll get an inspiration!
T.G.I.F. Dinner?