when you're going full blast, or half-blast, or puttering like me - whatever your speed is in the kitchen what's on the in background. I got a flatscreen TV on the wall of my kitchen for Christmas last year, so I usually have it tuned to the local news or CNN when I'm mucking about. When I was limited to a radio or tape player (CD) it was Bach or Mozart. I'm just wondering what others listen to.

What is your music lxxf when you're going fu...
Anything except Rap, Hip-Hop, or Reggaeton (not to be confused with Reggae). Mostly Baroque, Classical, or Jazz, but my tastes are very eclectic, and range from Bach to Boston, Arvo Pärt to Alan Parsons Project, Mozart to Marley, Vivaldi to Vangelis, Chopin to Chicago and Telemann to Tangerine Dream.

Although those are very broad categories, there are a few exceptions. I will NOT listen to Michael Bolton scream, I will NOT listen to Mariah Carey screech, and I echo the sentiment of many when I say "Kenny G is NOT Jazz!"
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: What is your music labradors Anything except Rap,...
Silence! Except for the noise I'm making.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: What is your music bjcotton Silence! Except for...
If I'm cooking Italian, it's Barber of Seville, if it's Mexican then Carmen, all other types Beethoven or Mozart. Every now and then tho' it'll just be the radio tuned to 60's and 70's tunes.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: What is your music farnfam If I'm cooking Itali...
Which Barber and Carmen do you have? I have the DVDs of Bartoli and Quilico's Barber, and Anne Sofie von Otter's Carmen.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: What is your music labradors Which [i]Barber[/i] ...
I will not listen to music I can sing to or know the words...way too distracting. Same for television shows. I tend to stop what I'm doing to see what's going on.

We found the oddest station on Sirus (Dish Network) called Lucille that plays the blues and I got hooked.

Re: What is your music DFen911 I will not listen to...
If I'm cooking late enough in the day to have a glass of wine (which for me is a real broad range ), Bocelli fills the c.d. player and seranades me loudly!! Otherwise, it's anything from Garth Brooks/Dixie Chicks to show tunes and all in between.

It's funny, since the kids all grew up, I have to have the radio on (music) all day - the silence just drives me up the wall.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: What is your music cjs If I'm cooking late ...
Labs,
We've rented both those DVD's and loved them. Also saw both performed live in Ottawa.
When cooking I just listen to the CD's which are Black Dog Opera Library editions with the story book libretto. Have had them since the home schooling years.
Denise,
You are so right about "knowing the words" totally distracting, I've been known to leave the prep area and dance around the kitchen singing loudly along with Tom Petty's "American Girl" Oh yeah, alright, take it easy baby...,(dances out of room waving arms wildly and playing air guitar)
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: What is your music farnfam Labs,[br]We've rente...
Jazz--Stan Getz, David Sanborn, Ramsey Lewis, Grover Washington, Diane Shur, Dave Brubeck, --Harry Connick, and more.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  What is your music lxxf when you're going fu...
Quote:

It's funny, since the kids all grew up, I have to have the radio on (music) all day - the silence just drives me up the wall.

Jean, hear you about the silence....#2 is still living with me but he is gone 90% of the time at school or working. The quiet drives you bonkers!!! If nothing is on, which is RARE, when the puppy barks she scares the beejeebers out of me, so to spare myself of a coronary event, something is always on!!!

When I'm cooking, it's Queen (sure miss Freddy!!!), Pink Floyd, VanHalen, hard rock, baby!!! CLASSIC hard rock!!! I beat my wooden spoons on the side of the pots/pans/bowls/countertops to the beat of the drums or music or....just because!!! No TV, like others have said, it is too distracting.

Mozart, Hayden, Bach, Vivaldi, and others, are for AFTER, when it's time to settle down with the glass of wine, with the fireplace glowing, and with a good book.

In between it is Meatloaf, Pavoratti, Styx, Bucelli, Kansas, Connick, CCR, anything classic rock, anything classic!!!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
What is your music