I have the gourmet holiday cookie recipes book but I had the idea of making a pie using one of the cookie recipes. Does anyone have any idea on how to make a conversion such as this? pmjw1@yahoo.com

Cookie Pie? wife2 I have the gourmet h...
Are you using the cookie for a crust? What are you filling it with?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Cookie Pie? luvnit Are you using the co...
Laura,
I thought I'd like to use a crust like graham cracker, but it depends on the cookie that I'd like to fill it with. So far two of my favs are the oatmeal-cranberry cookies and the butterscotch chip spice cookies. This year I'd also like to make maple-pecan shortbread bars (which might be a delicious pie).

Pam
pmjw1@yahoo.com

Re: Cookie Pie? wife2 Laura,[br]I thought ...
Hmmm... I never heard of Cookie Pie before. Maybe someone else can help you with conversions. But I did find this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie at Allrecipes.com

Maybe some of the measurements can help you out.

[Image: 13082.jpg]

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Submitted by: Bethany
Rated: 4 out of 5 by 35 members
Yields: 8 servings

" Pretend your making a batch of chocolate chip cookies, but with a bit more butter. Pour into a pie shell instead of plopping onto a cookie sheet, and you 've got this irresistibly sweet pie. Top with caramel and vanilla ice cream."

INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar 1 cup butter, melted
1 cup semisweet chocolate
chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (9 inch) pie shell

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and foamy. Add flour, sugar and brown sugar and beat until well blended. Blend in melted butter. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into pie shell.
3. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2007 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 11/19/2007
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Cookie Pie? luvnit Hmmm... I never hear...
HELLO!!!!!! I really do not need any more TEMPTATION!!!!!!! Enough, already
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Cookie Pie? luvnit Hmmm... I never hear...
I found one on the back of the nestle' semi-sweet chips and it is my daughter's all time favorite dessert. Improved, of course, by vanilla ice cream.
Hi, Pam,

Interesting concept. I'd probably forgo the crust and just bake in a pie pan. But that's what experimenting is all about, isn't it?-you never know until you try! Let us know how you make out. Welcome to the forum!

PJ
PJ

Re: Cookie Pie? pjcooks Hi, Pam,[br][br]Inte...
Uh Oh! Another sweet? Hmmmmmmmmm, cookie pie.

Welcome to the forums.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Post deleted by MUSICMAKER
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda

Re: Cookie Pie? *DELETED* MUSICMAKER Post deleted by MUSI...
For some reason I just can't get my mind around a cookie pie. I've tried and tried, but it just won't gel.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Cookie Pie?