Some time back... there was an article on how to preserve lemons and a follow up recipe using the lemons... I think it used chicken... Can someone post this for me? I thank you!

Take care,
Gloria

Looking for recipe including Preserved Lemon Gloria2b Some time back......
I think this is one of them Gloria:

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post33006

I think this is the other one:

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post35441
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Looking for recipe including Preserved Lemon Gloria2b Some time back......
Vol. 31, pg 38 (I've made it many times--it works.)
10 small lemons, scrubbed, cut from top to bottom into quarters, but not all the way thru.
1 C Kosher salt
Olive oil to cover

Day 1- Pack all ingredients in a clean glass jar. Cover with plastic wrap, close lid, and let stand at room temp.
Day 2- After 24 hours,press lemons with a metal spoon to release juice-shake jar to help dissolve salt.
Day 4--repeat day 2
Day 6--add enough olive oil to cover--cure in refer for one month. They should be about 1/2 size of original,
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Looking for recipe including Preserved Lemon Old Bay Vol. 31, pg 38 (I've...
I could't find my next issue for the recipe, but it looks like Billy did--here is another use for the lemons--

Mediterranean Salsa
1 1/2 C finely chopped Roma tomatoes
1/2 C finely chopped red or sweet onion (such as Texas 10/15)
1/4 C chopped kalamata olives
2 garlic cloves minced
3 T small capers
1/4 C balsamic vinegar
1/3 C EVOO
1/4 C finely chopped fresh oregano
1/4 t freshly cracked pepper
1/2 C roasted pine nuts
feta cheese to taste
1 finely chopped preserved lemon skin-discard pulp and seed.
Combine all except nuts and feta-stir--marinate at least an hour--then add pine nuts and crumbled feta--can be a main dish served with pasta, or served with pita as a dip. If you omit the feta, you will need to add salt to taste.

This is fabulous--think Italy, Greece, Morocco--great local fusion!

Re: Looking for recipe including Preserved Lemon Old Bay I could't find my ne...
I should have mentioned... I bought a tagine... so I am not only looking for this recipe but others that can be prepared in it also... When the preserved lemons and recipes to use them in first was published I did my lemons waiting patiently for the right time... then made the Chicken with Preserved Lemons, Olives, and Spices from Cuisine at home, April 2002, Issue 32, p. 25! It was so wonderful and the house had such an inviting aroma from the blend of flavors and spices... I finally have a tagine to use to make it more authentic! I cannot wait to do this again! I use only the white meat with no skin to make it healthier... going to see if it is possible to make any other changes to healthify it... healthy is good!

I am always glad to have new recipes for the tagine and the preserved lemons... so if there is anyone with more feel free to let me know...!!

Thanks to everyone of you who helped me with this... and thanks for any future recipe ideas also...!!!!!!!!!

Take care,
Gloria

Re: Looking for recipe including Preserved Lemon Gloria2b I should have mentio...
Our tastes limit our use of our red tagine--but it always sits on our stove. Great deco and conversation piece--we also serve the salsa from it at parties-really impressive. We cook in it about six times a year, but I wouldn't give it back!!
  Re: Looking for recipe including Preserved Lemon Gloria2b I should have mentio...
Chicken Tagine with Olives and Lemons

5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, pulverized
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 chicken, cut in 8 pieces
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 medium onions, sliced thin
1 cinnamon stick
8 calamata olives, pitted and halved
8 cracked green olives, pitted and halved
1 large or 3 small preserved lemons (sold in specialty food shops)
1 cup chicken stock
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley

1. Mix garlic, saffron, ginger, paprika, cumin and turmeric together. If not using kosher chicken, add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add pepper to taste. Rub chicken with mixture, cover, refrigerate and marinate 3 to 4 hours.

2. Heat oil in heavy skillet. Add chicken, and brown on all sides. Remove to platter. Add onions to skillet, and cook over medium-low heat about 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to tagine, if you are using one, or leave in skillet. Add cinnamon stick.

3. Put chicken on onions. Scatter with olives. Quarter the lemons, remove pulp and cut skin in strips. Scatter over chicken. Mix stock and lemon juice. Pour over chicken.

4. Cover tagine or skillet. Place over low heat, and cook about 30 minutes, until chicken is done. Scatter parsley on top, and serve.

Yield: 4 servings.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Looking for recipe including Preserved Lemon luvnit [b]Chicken Tagine w...
I have a folder started for using the tagine...when I finallly get one!! Which will be right after Christmas, 'cause my 'santa' is concerned he'll bring the wrong one. I'd forgotten to add the preserved lemon, tho - thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Looking for recipe including Preserved Lemon cjs I have a folder star...
Is anyone still using Preserved Lemons? Or the recipe for them? Or other recipes using them? I am still adding to my collection!

Thanks,
Gloria

Re: Looking for recipe including Preserved Lemon Gloria2b Is anyone still usin...
Wow, Gloria, I'll bet it has been 2007 since I've done anything with them. So, I'll have to say I don't have any new ideas for you. Maybe someone else will come be and help out. Nice to see you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Looking for recipe including Preserved Lemon