I have searched and searched and just cannot find the recipe that someone posted recently for really good chocolate cookies. They might have been called double chocolate cookies, but I'm not sure. And I think coffee was an ingredient in them. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I sure hope so, I'm wishing I had copied it.

The big baking marathon is on. I'm actually glad we finally got snow as it looks so much more festive than the gloomy rain we had.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Looking for a recipe for chocolate cookies....... Mare749 I have searched and ...
Did it look like this:

Bittersweet Chocolate Slices

1 oz. unsweetened chocolate or 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
9 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut up, slightly softened
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
powdered sugar

1. Pulse chocolate and half of the sugar in food processor until coarse crumbs form. Add remaining sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse several times. Combine milk and vanilla in small bowl. With processor running, add milk mixture; process until mixture clumps around blade or sides of bowl. Place dough on counter; knead a few times to blend dough.

2. Form dough into 9-inch log 1-3/4 inches in diameter. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or up to 2 days.

3. Heat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut dough into 1/4 inch slices; place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Bake 12 - 15 minutes. (Cookies will puff up and deflate; they're done about 1-1/2 minutes after they deflate.)

4. Slide cookies with parchment onto wire racks; cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. (Cookies can be made 1 week ahead. Store in an airtight container.)

About 3 dozen (2-3/4 inch) cookies

I see Salted Peanut utter Toffee Thumbprint cookies and Gooey Turtle Bars. Was that what you were looking for? It's alot of typing and I want to make sure I get the right one.

Sally (luvnit)
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Looking for a recipe for chocolate cookies....... bjcotton Did it look like thi...
Yes, I think that might be the one I was looking for!!!
Thank you, Billy!
Maryann

Re: Looking for a recipe for chocolate cookies....... Mare749 Yes, I think that mi...
oh horsepuckie, and I just said I was done baking and cooking for the holidays!!

Is it just me or do others prefer chocolate goodies with the addition of cocoa in them - that just gets me goin' when I see it in the ingred. list. Love the flavor it gives.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Looking for a recipe for chocolate cookies....... cjs oh horsepuckie, and ...
I would have to agree. I love the addition of cocoa in recipes.

Now I'm second guessing myself. Jean, didn't you or was it Sharon that had a favorite chocolate cookie recipe that had coffee in it?
Maryann

Re: Looking for a recipe for chocolate cookies....... Mare749 I would have to agre...
well, all I can say is if Sharon says it's not her, then my CRS has kicked in again...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Looking for a recipe for chocolate cookies....... cjs well, all I can say ...
Oh poo! I think I mentioned one - but this was the recipe that I lost when I tossed the magazine.

These cookies are amazingly good - and too easy to make to not have them on the "usual" cookie list. Bob and I really like the fact that they are not so sicky sweet!

I'll see if I can find the ones with the coffee in them. There are two of them that are driving me nuts - one in Food & Wine and one is in the Better Homes & Gardens Christmas cookie book.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Looking for a recipe for chocolate cookies.......