My son the chef and I will be cooking Christmas Eve dinner together. This will be a new experience because up until now, I've cooked for him or vice versa. He's selected Bourbon Glazed Cornish Hens with Potato Dauphinois and Fresh Green Bean Casserole. I need to decide on a dessert and am thinking poached pears would be good.

At my sister-in-law's on Christmas day, I'm not sure what all we're having, but I'm to bring a salad and bread. At my sister's later on Christmas day, we'll be having lasagna, salad and adult beverages. I'm bringing cookies and adult beverages.

What is everyone else doing?

Christmas Dinner HomeCulinarian My son the chef and ...
Homeculinarian, that sounds like so much fun. We're going to my sister and BIL's house and dragging Picky's son with us, Picky Jr. Pickys don't fall far from the tree. Amelia hasn't learned that she's not supposed to like food that's green and I warn them about that.

My sister is making lasagne. I've offered to bring anything and she says no.

We're having people over for Christmas Eve and serving beef stew, salad and rolls. Friends are bring appetizers and one wants to spoil us with a special dessert.
Cory

I am not the model.

Re: Christmas Dinner Corinne Homeculinarian, that...
We're still pretty flexible on some of the days.

Sunday, we all will be at my daughter, Tracie's, in Medford - Billy J too!! that's the day we'll probably really play. I'm taking my duck confit I made a couple weeks ago, plus three new cheeses from igourmet.com - Morbier, French Raclette, & Chiantino. YUM!

Christmas eve will be the big dinner with her son, girlfriend & kids, and maybe a couple more friends - the traditional dinner.

Christmas day, I think we're starting out the the Apple-Cheddar Bread Pudding, going on to more appys thruout the day and the for dinner (just the four of us) Lobster stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Dijon Cream Sauce and don't know what else.

Elastic waistbands all around!!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Christmas Dinner cjs We're still pretty f...
One word for weekends like that "caftan". They're unisex, cover all the bulges, and have no restrictive waistbands, cuffs, etc.

We have a third of a stalk of brussels sprouts (to be cooked with dijon cream sauce). I know Bob will want me to fix those again, and carrots with lemon butter, mashed taters, pearl onions in a wine & cheese sauce, prime rib for us and some form of poultry for Jennifer.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Christmas Dinner Harborwitch One word for weekend...
At Tracie's I'm supposed to make a soufflé and I'm bringing Aged Gouda for us to nibble on. I think that's all I'm responsible for, but wouldn't bet on it. I offered to make the White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake by Maida Heatter, but haven't heard back from Tracie yet. I'm also bringing the beef tenderloin. Also a bottle of Ice Wine so the four of us can have a little tiddly Christmas night.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Christmas Dinner bjcotton At Tracie's I'm supp...
Our plan has changed. We'll drive to Baltimore the day before Christma ( probably not even Jean's Uncle Benny's good one's!!), waffles, ham, and tons of other stuff. For supper, it's usually a few different soups. I don't think any of them do turkey. I'll miss that.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Christmas Dinner Lorraine Our plan has changed...
Can you cook a turkey as a Hostess gift? Maybe smoke one so it will seem special?

I'm always wary of taking something edible to houses. I don't want to make them think I'm criticizing their food.
Cory

I am not the model.

Re: Christmas Dinner Corinne Can you cook a turke...
I always enjoy others bringing things, usually things I don't/can't make/or didn't think of.

Also, this will be the first time Tracie has seen my Buddy. Jean petted him once but hasn't really been around him.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Christmas Dinner Corinne Can you cook a turke...
Can you cook a turkey as a Hostess gift?

I would if I could, but, I don't think I want to try it at there house. I do, however, have a bunch of things I'll try to make on the Sunday before we go, ( some from here), and hope they like them!

On the other hand, that may be a great idea! I'll have to ask his nibs. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Christmas Dinner bjcotton At Tracie's I'm supp...
We are going to old old friends, next year they will come to us. They always provide the turkey, we always provide the ham. Iwill make a very large mixed salad, and take the Xmas pudding along with dressings and condiments. She will do everything else.
Christmas Dinner