I was just watching Good East on Food Network. Mr Brown (as my kids call him) had a very clever way of cooking nachos. He took a sheet pan and put on a cooling rack Fit just inside the sheet pan. Then made aluminum foil balls about 2" put on a single layer of tortilla chips, put on a jalapeno slice and his choice of cheese, then put on a second rack balanced on the foil balls repeat all and a third rack on another set of foil and top layer. in oven for 7 minutes - didn't catch the temp until cheese is melted. Got a whole load of nachos at one time and perfect for serving as a snck/appy. Served with sour cream and fresh salsa.

I thought is was a very clever way of making for a group so they had great presentation and they were not soggy and each had the right amount of toppings. Just had to share.

Nachos
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Clever Nacho idea esgunn I was just watching ...
"place 1 of the aluminum balls in each of the corners of 2 of the racks." - that's what had my head shaking for a minute... what a great idea for a crowd!! Thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Clever Nacho idea cjs "place 1 of the alum...
Clever guy that Alton Brown is!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Clever Nacho idea