I have a little bit (maybe a cup) of leftover bechamel sauce that came with some stuffed mushrooms my husband bought yesterday from an Italian restaurant. Love the sauce.

Any ideas of what I could do with the leftover, either for a main dish or a side dish? It would just be the two of us eating so I don't have to make a lot of whatever it is.

Thanks for any ideas. You guys are so helpful!

Leftover Bechamel Sauce Trixxee I have a little bit ...
I would scramble fry some bulk sausage and add it to the bechamel. Then I'd serve it over waffles or biscuits. It's great with breakfast.
Cory

I am not the model.

Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce Corinne I would scramble fry...
or...toast up some English muffins, sprinkle with crab, top with the warm bechamel, top with shredded Cheddar cheese and stick under the broiler.

or, add a little cheese - preferably swiss or Parmesan to the bechamel and have a mornay sauce and just take a spoon and start in on it!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce cjs or...toast up some E...
I've got crab on the brain, cjs. Your ideas sound great!

Oh, I know what it is. So many people are thinking Valentines Day and I bet I've read 50 crab cake recipes.

Quote:

toast up some English muffins, sprinkle with crab, top with the warm bechamel, top with shredded Cheddar cheese and stick under the broiler

This sounds really good.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce cjs or...toast up some E...
Or, if you're in need of comfort food at the moment (I have a sick house) take your Mornay, add some cayenne or tabasco and cracked pepper, pour over cooked elbows and top with toasted-in-butter ritz cracker crumbs

It's what my kiddos want when they're under the weather.

Tho that crab thing sounds good

PJ
PJ

Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce pjcooks Or, if you're in nee...
We like to add a little cayenne, clam or shrimp broth, crab, and cooked shrimp and serve over some fish or steak....MMMM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce Gourmet_Mom We like to add a lit...
After you've added the Parmesan, grab a spoon and then lick the bowl! Over elbow macaroni sounds wonderful.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce bjcotton After you've added t...
Maybe a bit of Rigatoni and Prosciutto...add the parmesan like has been suggested and sprinkle with some fresh mozzarella and bake until all is melted and bubbly...yummy indeed. A cup would be enough for two I would think...some garlic toast or bread sticks...next time save more sauce and I'll come for dinner too!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce Gourmet_Mom We like to add a lit...
Pity, but one cup would not be enough to make pastitsio.

Maybe you could improvise, and make mini, muffin-pan pastitsio.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Leftover Bechamel Sauce labradors Pity, but one cup wo...
Shoot, now I have to make up some bechamel...thanks a lot, Trixxee!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Leftover Bechamel Sauce