We've all been talking pizza in the last few days, I'm wondering what everyone's favorite(s) topping are - don't bother with recipes, just what flavors do you use. I think pizza is one of my most favorite foods, so I'm always looking for new combos.

I tried to keep my list under five favorites, but as you can see, it's just darn impossible. These are at the top, but probably like you all, some I just clean out the frig and hope we don't like it too much, 'cause it can't be duplicated.....

Baby clams, fontina, garlic & onions, fresh chives or thyme
Red bell pepper pesto, basil, red onion and maybe thin slices of tomato
Margherita
Sausage w/fennel & fotina
Duck confit, demi glace, cheese, topped with blueberry chutney
Potato Sausage
Whole family favorite – mozz/provolone/jack, pepperoni, marinara sauce
Kung Pao shrimp
Shrimp & scallop
Garlic chicken
Sausage & kraut
…and the next pizza made by cleaning out the frig will be the new favorite!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Pizza Toppings cjs We've all been talki...
I like artichoke hearts and red onion rings.
Sausage, gr pepper, pineapple and onion.

All of yours sound good, cjs but I'm especially drawn to the sausage & kraut!
Cory

I am not the model.
On Super Bowl Sunday we had make your own pizza night here. The kids (8 and 5) chose pepperoni and cheese mostly. I also cooked up some Italian sausage that my daughter loved. For the adult pizzas I made a margherita, and then an everything pizza with the 'za cheese combo that you suggested (I think, it was the asiago, pecorino romano, fresh mozz and cheddar combo) carmelized onions, sausage, pepperoni, and baby bella mushrooms. It was yummy!!!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]

Re: Pizza Toppings mlucas1 On Super Bowl Sunday...
Meat!!! Gimme meat! bells, mushrooms, extra cheese, tomatoes, black olives, NO PINEAPPLE OR FISH [read anchovies], and did I say, extra cheese? Needless to say, I only made pizza once, that was when the dough stayed on the peel and the cheese and everything else went on the stone.....Sad
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Pizza Toppings bjcotton Meat!!! Gimme meat! ...
Quote:

Needless to say, I only made pizza once, that was when the dough stayed on the peel and the cheese and everything else went on the stone.....Sad

My current fav is from a page in Jean's book, so to speak, I had some duck, some goat cheese, a tiny bit of a pan sauce from a ribeye and sauteed wild mushrooms, fresh basil of course and a sprinkle of Parm-Reg when it came out of the oven.

I use my 12" Lodge frying pan for pizza. And for reheating, I use a Lodge on the stovetop, quick and crispy (but watch carefully).

Some good ideas here, I've been wanting a sausage pizza for a long time, and I have some ground pork in the freezer....

PJ
PJ
Nearly everything tastes better when put onto a pizza. I have two perfect pizzas:

1) Thin crust, white sauce (or olive oil and garlic), spinach, fresh mushrooms, scallops and shrimp (or any seafood for that matter).

2)Super thin crust, good sauce, Italian sausage, fresh mushrooms, black olives and onions.

But seriously, I would eat ANY kind of pizza.

Oh yea, I used to make an appetizer pizza with olive oil and garlic, thin sliced tomatoes, kalamata olives, shredded mozzarella, oregano and crumbled feta. That was 15 years ago and sometimes I put it on the grill, it was fabulous. People thought I was nuts, until they tried it. At least here in the Midwest, people don't usually grill pizza. Maybe now that we have the California Pizza Grill franchise that just opened up we'll git a bit more fancy.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Pizza Toppings luvnit Nearly everything ta...
Here are two I've mentioned before:

• Crust
  • Sun-dried-tomato pesto
  • Mozzarella
  • Caramelised onions
  • Sautéed regular, shiitake, and portobello mushrooms
  • Roasted red bell peppers
  • Diced cooked ham
  • A moderate amount of grated smoked Gouda
  • Crumbled goat cheese
----------
  • Crust
  • Instead of sauce, use the wet mixture of a sage, apple, and sausage stuffing (i.e. without the actual bread)
  • Slices of leftover turkey
  • Gravy
  • Grated smoked Gouda
  • After the pizza is cooked, garnish each slice with a slice of canned cranberry sauce

Plus one more:
  • Crust
  • Vidalia or Caesar salad dressing
  • Deli sliced turkey
  • Mozzarella
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Pizza Toppings labradors Here are two I've me...
Wow, Labradors, those sound wonderful!
Cory

I am not the model.

Re: Pizza Toppings Corinne Wow, Labradors, thos...
I have two pizza dough 'balls' in the freezer...now how am I going to choose which new to try. I'm so hungry.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Pizza Toppings