I just went to a Las Vegas wedding. In my pajamas. In NH.

My boss and the catering manager are in Vegas for Catersource? or some other conference. Since the catering manager has been engaged for the last 6 months, she decided they'd get married there. The Luxor covered it live on the Internet.

How cool is that? This is the second for both of them, and being in the business of catering wedding receptions, she wanted to stay away from all that. Everyone who chose to, had the opportunity to "attend" the wedding. No invitations, no RSVPs, no headaches....of course, no food, but friends and family are having their own parties here at home.

Not for everyone (caterers really depend upon weddings) but for her, this was great. (And she got to spend a lot of money on a fabulous dress and shoes instead of imprinted napkins and centerpieces

PJ
PJ

OT but cool.... pjcooks I just went to a Las...
We are actually in the planning stages once again to have our closest friends and immediate families join us in Vegas for our wedding. We are in hopes to be done with it all and finally tie the knot by this time next year. It is amazing what they do out there these days...sure the drive through wedding chapels and Elvis and Alien weddings still exist but the big name hotels and resorts are doing amazing things these days...we were looking at a couple of older places to save some money and the package deals are incredible and very well done...

Best wishes to the "once-again-weds" from this former Granite Stater that knows how awe struck so many were about a wedding on the computer...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: OT but cool.... firechef We are actually in t...
And best wishes to you and Holly, LJ! Keep us up to date on the details, please!!

PJ
PJ

Re: OT but cool.... pjcooks And best wishes to y...
LJ I'm so there! I'm about 4 hours from vegas and hubby I love any excuse to go.

Don't you just love how folks invite themselves to events

Re: OT but cool.... DFen911 LJ I'm so there! [im...
When it gets put together I will invite any and all to come...I figure I can normally get a trip to Whataburger or better out of everyone I know...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  OT but cool.... pjcooks I just went to a Las...
What a novel idea; an Internet wedding. I'm sure it's probably not the first one, but it's the first one I've heard about. Nice way to include friends without the expense for either the bride & groom or the guests.

Many of my 15 nieces and nephews plus my 3 of my 4 kids are twenty-somethings. We've started planning our family trips around weddings. This year we have one in Illinois in May, one in New York in November, then so far next year, one in northern California in summer.

Re: OT but cool.... HomeCulinarian What a novel idea; a...
that just bogles the mind...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: OT but cool.... HomeCulinarian What a novel idea; a...
Wow, HC, you're earning your frequent flier miles! We'e in a lull right now, but it's beginning to pick up, son#1 and nephew are getting married, all the cousins will follow suit, I'm sure.

PJ
PJ
OT but cool....