Anyone have any opinions about which saute pan performs better for searing and browning? I have a Calphalon, but was wondering how the All-Clad one is.
Thanks.

All-Clad vs. Calphalon Gallardo_Gal Anyone have any opin...
I've never had Calphalon, but I do have All-Clad and I love it to pieces. For sauteing, imo, it can't be beat. And with a couple minutes of soaking, it just wipes cleans. I'm assuming you're talking non-nonstick. If not, can't help you.

By the way, welcome to the forum!! Good to see another new face.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I have Calphlon and love my pans - I use my saute pan for all my browning and it works great, cleans up easy. I have never used all-clad.

I think you will find that a good quality pan will do what you need it to do, and many people will have preferences and opinions on which are best. You might consider other things like you cooking surface -gas, glass top, regular coil burners and if you like to transfer things in the same pan from stove top to oven - need oven proof lids and handles. Weight is also another consideration.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
We have been collecting all-clad for 18 years and I give it rave reviews--I like the regular when I want fond.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
All-Clad vs. Calphalon