I would like to propose this dinner review be cancelled. After my excursion into "town" today, I could not justify paying $15.99/lb. for lamb. I don't even know if I'll like it! Plus, the calorie count is WAY up there. I had plans to just serve one chop per person, but I just can't justify the cost. Groceries are sooo high right now, and it's almost tax season. Will anybody be upset if we just skip this one? Also, most of us are participating in the mystery dinner elsewhere.

What do you guys think?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

March 11 Dinner Review Gourmet_Mom I would like to prop...
Are you trying any of the recipes from C@H with your bounty from yesterday?? Can you use one for your Dinner review? We all have to eat....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: March 11 Dinner Review cjs Are you trying any o...
I'll have to look today. I only have the cooking for two and last month's mag, so I'm limited. If somebody has an idea, I'm game! I got a huge pack each of chicken thighs ($0.89/lb ) and breasts ($3.19/lb on sale ) in addition to other goodies mentioned.
Daphne

Re: March 11 Dinner Review Gourmet_Mom I'll have to look to...
BTW, I think I forgot my frozen lemongrass and dried shitake mushrooms in my other post. Using those would be nice also.
Daphne

Re: March 11 Dinner Review Gourmet_Mom BTW, I think I forgo...
Since there are so many sickies around here, how about from the Splendid Soups Book Old-Fashioned Chicken Noodle soup???? Your lemon grass and mushrooms could be added to that perfectly!! I'm not sick and it even sounds good to me.

I can post the recipe later if interested...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: March 11 Dinner Review Gourmet_Mom I'll have to look to...
does C@H have any good recipes for chicken marengo, cacciatore or fricassee to use that chicken up with? I have several I could share if not.
Madeline

Re: March 11 Dinner Review pink_eagle does [url=mailto:C@H...
We're still trying to find a C@H recipe for a 'dinner review' dinner that we use recipes from the magazine.

But, just for general use, none of us is adverse to getting new recipes....
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: March 11 Dinner Review cjs We're still trying t...
Yummy Jean, hubby is getting sick now, so this sounds good. I like the idea of the lemongrass and mushrooms added in! If somebody would be nice enough to post it, we may have a winner. I am also going to do the poultry pockets from Cuisine for Two page 21 this week also. I did not pick it before since it is so like my pork chop florentine. The difference is the balsamic reduction which DH will love!

So if anyone is interested, we can review one or both of these next week. I will probably do both. I'm just beef and porked out. Nothing even sounds good.
Daphne

Re: March 11 Dinner Review Gourmet_Mom Yummy Jean, hubby is...
Whatever this cr@p is that we have seems to wring us out by dinner time and we have no desire for anything. Bob's lost 5 lbs. and I know I've lost more than that.

I've been craving hot & sour soup - but no energy to go shop for the stuff to make it. Pffffffffffttt . . . aaaaaaaattttttcchhhhhioooooo, snork, sniff, hack, oh jeeze did I get any on you??? Sorry.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: March 11 Dinner Review Harborwitch Whatever this [url=m...
Daphne, I'll post it tomorrow and you can decide what you want to choose..
www.achefsjourney.com
March 11 Dinner Review