Okay we found a great deal on a range this weekend. Hubby dragged me out of the house. He must have wanted to part with his money I guess. Here is a video clip of a woman demonstrating using a wok.

We have put the range on hold til Monday. We chatted all weekend about it. We did get a super, super, super deal. So of course if I manage to get this range, I will also have to get a hammered wok after seeing this video!

How to use a wok
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Hint: About my new stove - I think I need a wok! luvnit Okay we found a grea...
What a great selling point for that range. I would want the wok too. Hope it works out for you, it looks very nice.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Hint: About my new stove - I think I need a wok! Mare749 What a great selling...
Well actually in the video I think they show the cooktop. I was just really impressed with their product. We set aside the 48" freestanding range. I'll let you know how this 'pans' out!
Laura
  Hint: About my new stove - I think I need a wok! luvnit Okay we found a grea...
Get a hammered or regular carbon steel wok with a fire ring--$30-40 if you get a gas range-electric I can't help--they are a lot of fun. Get a wood handle.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Hint: About my new stove - I think I need a wok! Old Bay Get a hammered or re...
My 16", carbon-steel wok was only $9.95 at a restaurant supply store. Don't be lulled in by the pricier ones at Williams-Sonoma, et al.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Hint: About my new stove - I think I need a wo labradors My 16", carbon-steel...
I think mine was about $20 and it came with a steamer basket I use it a lot!
  Re: Hint: About my new stove - I think I need a wo labradors My 16", carbon-steel...
What a cool stove! I am so envious! I can't wait until the farm kitchen is ready to go. I'll finally get a gas stove.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Hint: About my new stove - I think I need a wo Gourmet_Mom What a cool stove! ...
I really don't know how I cooked on an electric, ceramic stove for the 11 years I did. Not to mention that 2 of the burners were ones that only worked when a pot was on them. If you took the pot off they stopped heating so I could never use them to say toast pine nuts on and flip the pan to stir them.

Gas is the way to go imho
  Re: Hint: About my new stove - I think I need a wo Gourmet_Mom What a cool stove! ...
In the video, just the cooktop is featured. We are getting the range (hopefully) which has the oven units below and the stainless steel backsplash.

Seriously, there must have been some devine intervention here. Hubby and I are both so sick. He convinced me to go to this place sick AND with kids, just a double no-no. I must not have had the energy to say no. When we got to the store, we signed in took a few steps and we both spotted this range and made a b-line. Couldn't believe it. More than 50% off. We had just had the discussion about our new kitchen and agreed that $6,000 would be our limit. Here is a photo.

[Image: zpic_rnbhc48.jpg]

When the salesperson finally caught up with us, hubby took the kids I went shopping. We looked at a lot of stuff and reserved a few items (fridge, hood vent, dishwasher, microwave). Hubby finally wandered back to the range and found there was a HOLD sign on it! Upon closer inspection he saw the name on the HOLD ticket and ran to find me. When he caught up with me, he told me about the HOLD ticket and then said, "You won't believe it! There is someone in this store who has the exact same name as YOU!"

He's a funny guy ain't he? I should know by the end of the day if the stove is a GO!
Laura

Re: Hint: About my new stove - I think I need a wo luvnit In the video, just t...
Laura - that's wonderful for you! I want one, too!
Hint: About my new stove - I think I need a wok!