I know most of central Minnesota was expecting snow last night and this morning but did you have to share it with us?

When I went to bed we had a chance of rain showers and were expecting about 50F for a high today...got up about 5:00 am with the baby and could hear sleet banging on everything. Two hours later and we have about 3 inches of SNOW and it is coming down so I can't see the house across the street!

I know you are a wonderful person that would do anything to help anyone and would share anything you have to help someone in need, but I don't need this heavy wet snow. Hope you are surviving what I hope will be our last blast of winter in the northern mid-west and all is well...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

OT-Thanks for sharing Laura! firechef I know most of centr...
I didn't just share with you LJ... I gave it ALL to you!

The snow missed us completely! Nearly all of our snow is gone now. At least on the sunny front side of our yard. All I have is beautiful, brown grass.

Sorry you all got dumped on though. I hope you brought a window-scraper with you.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: OT-Thanks for sharing Laura! luvnit I didn't just share ...
The scary thing is not too far south of me the cold front is spawning severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings and after that goes through it turns to snow...

So glad I do not have to travel far today. Have to be in Des Moines again on Friday afternoon. All of out snow WAS gone...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: OT-Thanks for sharing Laura! firechef The scary thing is n...
Well, we got blanketed with snow again last night and supposed to continue thru today....guess what's comin' to you all east of us - which means the whole darn country almost.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: OT-Thanks for sharing Laura! cjs Well, we got blanket...
Jeez, guys, we have 6 inches predicted for tonight. Couldn't it run itself out in the midwest! We actually may set a record for snowfall for the month of March if we get what is predicted.

Now if Daphne logs in and says she is planting garden I am afraid I am going to have to direct some bad vibes down her way!!

Re: OT-Thanks for sharing Laura! iBcookin Jeez, guys, we have ...
It is funny we are still having all of this winter weather...it has been many a year since I have had snow for my birthday and sure enough it is getting closer and closer and winter just doesn't want to let go.

The latest I have seen snow was on the 6th of June in 1996. It was a light dusting and some ice mix in the New London, NH area. As for wide spread snow I remember 6 inches on the 18th of May in 2002 also in that region of New Hampshire. My future father-in-law thought the Northeast didn't get as much snow as the mid-west...wrong! This year I think we all have gotten it...

Jean that storm you are getting is SUPPOSED to warm up and bring rain for the late weekend...as long as I don't get a shot of warm humid Texas air and get a strong Pacific front and a blast of cooler air from Laura and I will be hiding in the basement until the twisters pass...

Re: OT-Thanks for sharing Laura! firechef It is funny we are s...
BTW- IF she IS gardening I am hoping for rabbits...just kidding. More power to her. Sounds like back breaking labourous work that really doesn't work for me in this weather...dang my dogs are confused!
  Re: OT-Thanks for sharing Laura! cjs Well, we got blanket...
We got it too. A good couple of inches. More snow off and on until Saturday. Really weird for around here this time of year. Our usual springs have lots of wind, rain and hail, but not usually snow this late.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: OT-Thanks for sharing Laura! esgunn We got it too. A go...
Quote:

Now if Daphne logs in and says she is planting garden I am afraid I am going to have to direct some bad vibes down her way!!

Who am I to resist a challenge? It's supposed to get to around 78 today and 80 tomorrow with sunny skies. It is supposed to drop to the mid 60's Saturday with rain all day, though, if that will make you all feel any better.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: OT-Thanks for sharing Laura! Gourmet_Mom [blockquote]Quote:[...
I'd be happy with mid 40s and rain...We are up to about 6 inches in 4 hours time. I attempted to take Kambree to the babysitters house but after watching a car slide sideways and get hit by a semi I turned around and brought her home for the day...it is hard to believe that only an hour and a half south of me they have had severe thunderstorms, hail and even a reported tornado...that is a lot more exciting than snow and it is NORMAL spring weather.

Oh well, I hear the Easter Bunny is hungry and headed to North Carolina so plant away...
OT-Thanks for sharing Laura!