I'm doing Bill's B'day Dinner Review selection - what are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner This Evening - Thursday? cjs I'm doing Bill's B'd...
Well I still have a sickie at home, so making homemade chicken soup

Re: Dinner This Evening - Thursday? DFen911 Well I still have a ...
Due to the weather I am stuck with what is at home...Holly hates to shop for me as she is always afraid of getting the wrong thing.

So tonight will be chicken cordon bleu with homemade hollandaise sauce (might try the one in the current issue of C@H) along with what I have left of broccoli in the fridge with a nice cream swiss cheese sauce and an Italian blend salad (still using bagged salad mix around here since it is still winter) with that wonderful honey mustard dressing of Jean's...we're still hooked on that one!

Dessert might be chocolate chip cookies from the 1968 version of the old Betty Crocker "Big Red Cookbook" as I called it as a kid. The chocolate chip drop cookies were the first recipe I ever knew, memorized (not anymore) and "modified" as a little one of about age three or four as my Mom and I made a double batch EVERY Saturday morning.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Dinner This Evening - Thursday? firechef Due to the weather I...
They didn't buy groceries while I was gone, so I think it will be a frozen steak & mushroom pie from the freezer. ( I won one pie a month and a dozen tarts a month for a year at a local auction).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Dinner This Evening - Thursday? Lorraine They didn't buy groc...
I'm making the Pork Roulades tonight. DD and her boyfriend are coming to dinner and that was her pick from this week's experiments. (Tomorrow night is my night celebrating Bill's birthday.) I'm off now to check out the suggestions on how to keep the pasta from being too dry. Then it's back to my spring cleaning! UGH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Dinner This Evening - Thursday? Gourmet_Mom I'm making the Pork ...
We're trying Pesto Penne from Cooking for Two tonight.

Re: Dinner This Evening - Thursday? HomeCulinarian We're trying Pesto P...
and a happy birthday to Daphne's Bill!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I have in the oven a "Shirley" version of a recipe that I saw on Giada's show last week.
Shirley

Re: Dinner This Evening - Thursday? smschwag I have in the oven a...
Well, I'm on to Revision 'A' - after my dr. appt this a.m. where I heard my cholesterol is fantasic (good is high and bad is low) - even with all the cookbook recipe testing I've been doing, decided we needed to go out and celebrate. Try to up the cholesterol a little!!

We have a new little Aisan Bistro in town that just opened and we jumped in the tracker and off we went to try it out. What a fantastic little place. And the owner is just delightful - when I mentioned the curry meatballs (Nigella's recipe) that I made a few days ago, he asked if I would bring some in the next time I make them. He loves to trade recipes - I'm going to love this guy!!!! The food was wonderful.

So, Bill's B'day dinner has been pushed back till tomorrow.
And, not to make anyone envious........................Captain Jay is back in town and a friend of his has shipped him a crate of eastern lobsters.......oh my, I can't believe what we may do Saturday nite.
www.achefsjourney.com
Red Flannel Hash, with a perfectly fried egg in the middle, that's for me. I don't have any idea what Picky will eat, Pizza Hut comes to mind:o(hey, he likes it....)

Sounds like some interesting dinners here. Just reread your post, Lorraine, I thought you said steak and kidney pie, always wanted to try that, but the steak and mushroom sounds like a winner, too.

PJ
Dinner This Evening - Thursday?