You've seen this great looking picture of a food and decide you'll come back to it later to copy the recipe and you can't find it again? Don't know if you saw it in a magazine while at the doc's office, your home or wherever?

It was of this bowl of mushrooms, like white button or cremini, you could tell they had been sautéed and had a cream sauce of some type. I've looked at every magazine around here, so I pretty well know I saw it somewhere else.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Doncha Just Hate it When.... bjcotton You've seen this gre...
I will go through EVERY magazine I have and I get tons of them and see what I can find...just me and the baby at home on Mondays anyway...

Been there done that...I do need to find a new pair of shoes however.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Doncha Just Hate it When.... firechef I will go through EV...
And was a sweet baby she is too! I can't imagine anything better that sitting with that cute little baby all day long. You are a lucky man.

And I will keep my eye out for a bowl of mushroom recipes. I know I haven't seen it. I love mushrooms and I would have been drooling. And, yes, I hate it what I do that too!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Doncha Just Hate it When.... luvnit And was a sweet baby...
Billy, that drives me completely crazy!!! And the trouble I have just remembering who posted what, you can imagine how often I'm right there with you on this one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Doncha Just Hate it When.... bjcotton You've seen this gre...
Okay Billy my dear, trying to help you out here. This recipe is called: Sauteed Mushrooms in Cream Sauce (very clever title) The recipes says you can serve hot or cold or over pasta (brilliant suggestions!)

[Image: 05Bifas_1962_RJ.jpg]

Sauteed Mushrooms in Cream Sauce

INGREDIENTS:
16 ounces (500 grams) fresh mushrooms
2-3 onions
2 ounces (50 grams) butter
1 cup heavy cream
salt and freshly ground pepper
PREPARATION:
1. Wash and slice mushrooms.
2. Peel and thinly slice onions.
3. In a saucepan, heat butter. Stir in onions, and cook over medium heat until slightly softened.
4. Add mushrooms to pan. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes, until slightly softened.
5. Drain off a bit of the liquid from the mushrooms. Pour cream over onions and mushrooms. Stir and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.

SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve hot or cold. Serve alone or over pasta. A wonderful recipe for Passover.
Laura

Re: Doncha Just Hate it When.... luvnit Okay Billy my dear, ...
There are a ton of great ideas with this one...hot or cold, alone or over pasta? Maybe you can make it or not make it too.

Great looking recipe. I copied it for future reference. Funny Passover is mentioned and it is right around the corner.

I am actually thinking this would go good over a nice THICK slice of beef similar to a "prime rib" type of cut...

Oh yeah, where did you find this???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Doncha Just Hate it When.... firechef There are a ton of g...
Quote:

you can make it or not make it...

LOL! you are too funny LJ.

Where did I find it? I am a woman of mystery and I have my ways.

Okay, okay I just googled mushrooms and cream. This is what I got.
Laura

Re: Doncha Just Hate it When.... luvnit [blockquote]Quote:[...
That looks good Laura, but that's not it. This was whole mushrooms and there wasn't a great deal of sauce. I was thinking of sautéing some and then using the drippings to make a white sauce..along with some garlic and onions, maybe some bacon bits. With me, who knows?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Doncha Just Hate it When.... bjcotton That looks good Laur...
That sounds pretty good Billy. Let us know what you come up with. I will keep looking and see if I find anything. My new boss does SMOKED Portabella Mushrooms bbq style...says that they come out "meaty and smoky" so what the heck why not.
Doncha Just Hate it When....