Time to do some cleaning out of food - thawing some ground sirloin, have some hot dog buns in the freezer, so probably funny burgers with some grilled fries & veggies. Nothing spectacular.

What are you all up to?

P.S. Just found something to jazz up the funny burgers - sounds good.

Tomato Relish
(Cuisine, June 1999, Issue 15, p. 12)
Makes: 1 Cup

Caramelize in 2 T. Olive Oil:
1/2 medium red onion, slivered

Add and Cook:
4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 T. balsamic vinegar
1 t. sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. black pepper

Remove from Heat; Stir in:
1 T. chopped fresh thyme

Related Recipes: Beef Burgers with Tomato Relish

Carmalize onion in heated oil in a saute pan over low heat, 20–25 min. Stir often to prevent burning.

Add tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper, once onion has caramelized. Cook until tomatoes break down slightly, 8–10 minutes. The finished relish should be thick and chunky.

Stir in chopped thyme at the end. (Add thyme last, if cooked too long, the flavor of fresh herbs diminishes.)

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner - Monday?? cjs Time to do some clea...
Work...will not be home until close to 2 in the morning and then am back out the door at 6am to make it in on Tuesday...Holly will have to fend for herself. I am sure they will do fine with Saturday's left over in the fridge. I will know it is time to cut and run from this job when I find Holly dipping into the baby food...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Dinner - Monday?? firechef Work...will not be h...
I am trying the new fajitas recipe form teh most recent issue. Will post review tomorrow.

Linda

Re: Dinner - Monday?? Emmasmum I am trying the new ...
Quote:

I am trying the new fajitas recipe form teh most recent issue. Will post review tomorrow.

Linda

Are you going to make the corn/lime salsa with it? That was very good.

I'm going to make the sauteed chicken, green olives & caper recipe that was posted the other day. Parsleyed red potatoes and steamed asparagus with it.

Re: Dinner - Monday?? Trixxee [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Since an "incident" happened at my training restaurant this morning I will be off tonight any way and the weather is beautiful so I am doing the "Pinwheel Steaks" on page 51 of the Weeknight Menus...I am doing another spring mix salad since I have another package of the mix. I am adding feta, cranberries and a white balsamic dressing that is kind of citrusy to the salad...oh so good to quote the guy on the noon news. Going to have to check out the news too...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Dinner - Monday?? firechef Since an "incident" ...
If the weather holds, it'll be grilled steaks, baked regular and sweet potatoes, grilled asparagus. If it does pour rain, it'll be a baked penne dish from The Sopranos, with little meatballs in it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Dinner - Monday?? Lorraine If the weather holds...
I'm doing cedar planked chicken legs, garlic potato salad and spinach salad.

Re: Dinner - Monday?? DFen911 I'm doing cedar plan...
I think we're going out for Chinese food tonight. I have to work every other evening this week, so it seems like a good plan to me.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Dinner - Monday?? Mare749 I think we're going ...
Make sure you take home all the leftovers, Maryann! I really need to start using the planks for more than fish!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Dinner - Monday?? cjs Time to do some clea...
We have a concert tonight - final youth orchestra event for teenage daughter. So, I've made pasta salad and have some chicken breasts marinating in the Weber Grill recipe... 1/2 c soy, 1/4 c red wine vinegar, 1/4 c vege oil, 1/2 teasp course garlic with parsely, 1 teasp oregano, 1/2 teasp basil and 1/4 teasp black pepper. I got this recipe from the pamphlet that came with my old kettle grill many years ago.
Dinner - Monday??