I have NOT tried any of these:

Homemade Ginger Ale and Its Candy Recipe Courtesy of Ming Tsai
Show: East Meets West With Ming Tsai
Episode: Ginger

2 cups ginger slices, peeled (1/8 inch thick)
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
1 quart soda water
1 lime cut in wedges
4 mint sprigs

Mix ginger, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a slow simmer. Reduce mixture by 50 percent until a syrupy consistency is reached. Keep in mind that the syrup will thicken as it cools. Strain warm syrup. Allow to cool.
While syrup is cooling, make ginger candy. Take ginger slices that have been drained out of the syrup and completely coat in sugar. Spread on sheet pan and slowly dry out in a 225-degree oven for 3 hours. Ginger slices should be dried but still chewy.

In a tall glass of ice, add mint sprig and a ratio of 1 part ginger syrup to 7 parts soda water. Squeeze lime wedge and add to drink. Use more syrup if desired. Stir and enjoy.

Ginger Ale

The ale tastes best when the syrup concentrate is allowed to sit in the refrigerator overnight before using.

Syrup concentrate for the ale:

3 1/2 cups water
4-inch long piece of ginger, peeled & chopped
2 Tbsp vanilla flavoring
3 tsp lemon flavoring (non-alcoholic)
1/2 tsp stevia powder (or to taste)

Serving the Ale:

1 cup sparkling water or club soda per serving.

Directions:

Boil down the ginger in water for 10 minutes. Strain out ginger pieces and pour ginger juice into jar. Add vanilla and lemon flavorings and stevia.

Let cool and store in refrigerator as a syrup concentrate.

Add 1/8 - 1/4 cup of syrup to 6-8 oz of sparkling water and serve.

Ginger water

1 cup peeled, finely chopped ginger
2 cups water
Simple Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Club soda
Lime juice
Lime wedges
Directions:

Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Add ginger. Reduce heat to medium low and let ginger sit in the simmering water for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 20 minutes. Strain liquid through a fine mesh strainer. Discard ginger pieces.
In a separate saucepan, make the Simple Syrup by dissolving 1 cup granulated sugar into 1 cup of boiling water. Set aside.
Make individual (tall) glasses of ginger ale by mixing 1/2 cup of cooled ginger water with 1/3 cup of cooled Simple Syrup and 1/2 cup of cold club soda. Add a few drops of fresh lime juice, gently add ice cubes and a lime wedge to each glass. You may also garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Makes four servings.

Noah's Ginger Ale
Fat-Free, Sodium-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan

Diana from Las Vegas sent us this recipe for a refreshing ginger drink. Her nephew requests it every time he visits. He loves the flavor, while Diana loves that it's all-natural and helps with digestion. Make a pitcher to add some sparkle to your outdoor parties this summer.

Make about 2 cups syrup (enough for 32 servings)
2 tablespoons peeled and diced fresh ginger root
2 cups water
2 cups raw cane sugar
ice
sparkling water
cherries
Place ginger, water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer about 10 minutes. Cool and strain. Syrup can be chilled in the refrigerator for a week.

To serve, fill glasses with ice cubes. Add a tablespoon of ginger syrup and top with sparkling water. Stir and top with a cherry. Taste and add more syrup if desired.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Ginger Ale Recipes bjcotton I have NOT tried any...
Those are interesting, Billy.

The recipe I used, I chose because it DIDN'T use sparkling/soda water, since that is just as relatively expensive as bottled ginger ale, here, and would defeat the purpose. Instead, the recipe I chose uses yeast to accomplish the carbonisation. As I mentioned earlier: I have had yeast-carbonised, homemade (by someone else) sodas before, but many of them had an unpleasant, yeasty taste. This one did not, and I was very pleased with it, other than needing to cut back on the ginger.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Ginger Ale Recipes labradors Those are interestin...
thanks guys. Laura??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Ginger Ale Recipes