We did this last nite and paired it with a very lightly oaked Aussie Chard. Lovely!

Nonstick vegie oil spray
3/4 C finely chopped toasted walnuts
1/2 C panko
2 T finely chopped fresh basil
2 T finely chopped fresh chives
6 8oz halibut fillets, each one inch thick
6 T melted butter
Lemon wedges

Preheat oven to 450. Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Mix walnuts, panko and all herbs in a small bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush each fillet with a T of melted butter. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place fish on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with walnut mixture atop fish, dividing equally and pressing to adhere. Roast until just opaque in center--took us bout 12 minutes. You can finish in the broiler if more crispness is desired--we did not have to, in fact we covered it with a tent of foil for the last 4 minutes.
Serve with lemon wedges.

From an October '07 Bon Appetit.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust Old Bay We did this last nit...
Hmmmm, doesn't this sound good - I've done the halibut with pecans and macadamias, but don't think I've tried the walnuts. Thanks Bill!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust cjs Hmmmm, doesn't this ...
So have I Jean, as a matter of fact, they're both on the catering menu. But walnuts is a new twist, one I'll be sure to try!

Thanks, Bill!

PJ
PJ

Re: Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust pjcooks So have I Jean, as a...
I liked it because it was so simple--just the oven! Nothing on the stove first. Quick wonderful weekday dinner. We had it with a caprese salad--no other carbohydrates.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust Old Bay I liked it because i...
I've used pecans and walnuts (only because I had the walnuts and no pecans) for a crust. The difference is I do a dijon, flour, egg, and nut crust. It's labor intensive, so I'll be interested in trying the more simple version. THANKS Bill!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust Old Bay I liked it because i...
I can't wait to try this. I am alergic to pecans, so another option is always welcome. Thanks for sharing!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Roasted Halibut With Walnut Crust