Does anyone know which issue the recipe for Chicken Pappardelle is in? Anyone tried it? Any reviews? Thanks, Gail

Chicken Pappardelle gharborwa Does anyone know whi...
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...Main=29423

I remember there was a recipe for mushroom pappardelle in the Pasta book - link above to some reviews about it.

Re: Chicken Pappardelle HomeCulinarian [url=http://www.foru...
HC, you reviewed it here: Chicken Pappardelle

LOL! I remembered making it based on your review. I remember thinking it was a good one, but have not made it again. So many other's to try. Plus, I like the Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes is sooo much better!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Chicken Pappardelle Gourmet_Mom HC, you reviewed it ...
I have actually made it a few times. It is very good. It was in issue 67 February 2008. I like to use 1/2 the amount of pasta and 1/2 wilted spinach. If you don't make the broccolini salad to top it with, it is not nearly as good. That just really adds to the dish. (but I use regular broccoli - I always have that on hand).

This is one quick recipe I go to when I have leftover chicken.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Chicken Pappardelle esgunn I have actually made...
Hmmmm....I'm not sure we are talking about the same recipe. I'm talking about the one that appears on the current home page in the sample issue....no cream or broccolini involved. Anyone remember this?

Re: Chicken Pappardelle gharborwa Hmmmm....I'm not sur...
Looks like your best bet is the pappardelle HC mentions in the second post with a link to the review. All the "books" I've gotten so far have a few recipes from regular issues, so even though Perfect Pasta is the "book" mentioned, the recipe is likely the same or VERY similar to the sample issue.
Daphne
  Re: Chicken Pappardelle gharborwa Hmmmm....I'm not sur...
It is Issue 48 December 2004.

You can click on the home page/preview issue page and enlarge it. I was able to read the recipe off of the website. A little cumbersome. I never made it, but it sure looks good.

Someone from Members Plus should be able to post the recipe for you if you would like it. Sorry I don't have access.

Oh, the official title of the recipe is:
Pappardelle with Chicken, Mushrooms, and Wine.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Chicken Pappardelle Gourmet_Mom HC, you reviewed it ...
Doh! Obviously I'd forgotten about it .

Hubby and I were just talking over dinner tonight how we almost always enjoy a C@H recipe and that the magazine has been a good investment.

Tonight we had the grilled salmon salad nicoise. Yum!!

Re: Chicken Pappardelle HomeCulinarian Doh! Obviously I'd ...
Yep, good investment!!!! I wish SOMEONE had told me about this sooner!!!

But "they" finally got around to it...so they're forgiven.
Daphne

Re: Chicken Pappardelle Gourmet_Mom Yep, good investment...
Is this the one, gharborwa??

Pappardelle with Chicken, Mushrooms, and Wine
(Cuisine at home, December 2004, Issue 48, p. 29)

Makes: 12 Cups Total Time: 1 1/2 Hours Rating: Intermediate

Saute in 2 T. Butter:
1 lb. mushrooms, quartered

Stir in:
1/2 cup dry red wine

Combine; Dredge:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 t. sea or kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 chicken or rabbit (4 lb.), cut up, washed, and dried

Brown Chicken in:
2 T. butter
2 T. extra-virgin olive oil

Saute; Stir in:
4 oz. pancetta or bacon, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
1/2 lb. fennel, bulb only, cut into strips
3 t. garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 T. minced fresh sage leaves
Cooked mushrooms with liquid

Return Chicken and Bake; Stir in:
2 T. balsamic vinegar

Prepare According to Directions:
1 lb. dry pappardelle or egg noodles

Preheat oven to 325°.

Saute mushrooms in butter in a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. When they soften and give off liquid, reduce heat to medium; cook until liquid evaporates.

Stir in the wine. Increase the heat to high and boil until most of the wine evaporates; remove and set aside. Wipe out pan and return it to the stove top.

Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a plate. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour and shake off the excess.

Brown the chicken in butter and oil (in batches if necessary) in the saute pan over medium heat; remove, set aside.

Saute the pancetta in the pan drippings, cooking until it begins to brown. Add the onion and fennel, cooking until the onion softens and fennel begins to brown. Stir in garlic and cook 2–3 minutes more. Increase heat to high and stir in wine and sage. Remove from heat and add the sauteed mushrooms.

Return the chicken to the pan, cover tightly; transfer to the oven and bake until the meat is tender and the internal temperature is 170°, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in vinegar.

Prepare pappardelle according to package directions; drain. Serve immediately with chicken and mushroom sauce.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Chicken Pappardelle