I remember getting a recipe for some kind of Berry Cobbler with Crème anglaise sauce out of Cuisine at Home magazine a few years ago. I can't find that issue. Does anyone have it and can they provide it for me.

Thank you so much!!

Recipe for Berry Cobbler with Crème anglaise sauce mmagruder I remember getting a...
It is from August 2005 Issue 52. I LOVE this cobbler - but I don't make the Creme anglaise, Just too much IMHO. Here is the cobbler recipe. If someone with members plus doesn't posts the creme anglaise sauce recipe, I'll try and get to it tomorrow.

*Oh forgot to add - the actual title is Summer Blackberry CobBler with Coconut-Pecan Topping. And Vanilla-Rum Creme Anglaise.

I am allergic to pecans - so I subbed macadamia nuts in the following recipe. The original calls for 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped. My only change. *

* Exported from MasterCook *

Blackberry Cobbler

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Deserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
8 cups blackberries
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup tapioca
1/2 lime -- juiced
1 pinch salt
1 cup flour -- all-purpose
1 cup coconut shreds --sweetened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup macadamia nut -- chopped
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter -- -- cubed
1 egg

Preheat oven to 375. Toss together berries, sugar, tapioca, lime juice

and salt. Spoon into 2 qt baking dish

combine flour, coconut, sugar, nuts, baking

powder, and salt. Using fingers, kneed in butter

until incorporated. Should look like sand or peas

Blend in the egg - it will be sticky. spread in

clups over berries fairly evenly.

Bake for 45-50 minutes or until topping is golden

and crisp and filling is thick and bubbly.

cool on rack for 1 hour.

Source:
"Cuisine at Home Issue 52 Aug 2005"
S(Internet Address):
"http://us.f602.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=3606_10669754_22702
_1567_2197_0_56627_5602_858222695&Idx=0&YY=21607&inc=25&order=down&sor
=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&box=Inbox"
Start to Finish Time:
"0:01"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Recipe for Berry Cobbler with Crème anglaise sauce esgunn It is from August 20...
Okay, since you've made this...

Just how sweet are the blackberries for this before you add them to the mix?

The blackberries here are rather tart, but the locals don't use them for baking, etc. Instead, they purée and strain them to get as much juice as they can, then add water and a bunch of sugar and drink it. It is delicious (and, of course, one could always use Splenda, or the like), and I'd like to try this kind of recipe, but I'm just not sure how THESE blackberries would be in it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Recipe for Berry Cobbler with Crème anglaise sauce labradors Okay, since you've m...
The blackberries we get here aren't all that sweet either. I think the cup of sugar will take care of that and make the dish sweet enough. I'm anxious to try this one, it sounds very good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Recipe for Berry Cobbler with Crème anglaise sauce Mare749 The blackberries we ...
Thanks, Mare.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Recipe for Berry Cobbler with Crème anglaise sauce labradors Thanks, Mare....
Thanks for posting this Erin and for asking mmagruder! William's absolute favorite is blackberry pie, but I just can't seem to get the hang of fruit pies. (That gap between crust and filling.) Maybe this will satisfy him until I can master those fried pies. Then I could do blackberry in them, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Recipe for Berry Cobbler with Crème anglaise sauce Gourmet_Mom Thanks for posting t...
Thank you so much for providing the recipe. When I made it I used the mixed berries from Costco (Blackblerry, Blueberry, & Raspberry). It was really yummy and for those who don't like coconut you can't taste it.

ESGUNN - I live in Federal Way as well. Small world ;-)

Re: Recipe for Berry Cobbler with Crème anglaise sauce mmagruder Thank you so much fo...
You are welcome. And welcome to the forum. Hope you come back often. This is a good bunch of foodie friends. Very helpful and very full of knowledge.

It is a small world, I am always amazed! There are a few of us from Washington on this board. Where abouts are you in Federal Way? I am on Five Mile Lake.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Recipe for Berry Cobbler with Crème anglaise sauce mmagruder I remember getting a...
Here's the rest of the recipe, and welcome to the board!

Vanilla-Rum Crème Anglaise
(Cuisine at home, August 2005, Issue 52, p. 51)

Makes: About 2 Cups Total Time: About 20 Minutes Rating: Easy

Warm:
2 cups half and half
2 T. sugar
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped; pod chopped into 1-inch pieces

Whisk Together; Temper Milk into and Cook:
5 egg yolks
3 T. sugar
2 T. light or dark rum
1/4 t. kosher salt

Blend and Strain; Add:
1 t. vanilla extract

Warm half and half, 2 T. sugar, and vanilla bean seeds and pod in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming, about 5 minutes.

Whisk yolks, 3 T. sugar, rum, and salt together in a bowl. When milk mixture is steaming, temper it into the eggs, whisking constantly. Pour the custard back into the pan and return to the burner. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until custard coats the back of a spoon, 5–8 minutes.

Blend custard and vanilla bean pod in a blender for 1 minute. Strain into a bowl, add the extract, cover, and chill.

PJ
PJ

Re: Recipe for Berry Cobbler with Crème anglaise sauce pjcooks Here's the rest of t...
This sounds really good and with all of the rain delaying some of the "summer" berries and such it is just in time as well...copied and saved!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
Recipe for Berry Cobbler with Crème anglaise sauce