I took this to the party along with the biscotti sticks and it was another hit with everyone. I kept a small bowl of it at home to put with some hot pasta for tonight's dinner.

This makes a huge amount, but there were about 10 of us at the party and we could have used the amount I kept at home also ( )

* Exported from MasterCook *

Roasted Peppers with Marinated Feta and Greek Olives

2 roasted red bell peppers
1 pound feta cheese -- cut into cubes
1 cup fresh black Greek olives -- pitted
1 small jar of marinated artichokes (I added this)
1 small red onion -- diced (any sweet onion like Vidalia or Maui will also work)
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
salt
freshly ground black pepper
lemon juice

Combine the peppers, feta and olives in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and toss gently. Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently again.

Adjust seasonings, cover and chill at least 5 hours before serving. Serve this with toasted pita bread as an appetizer.

Description:
"This is from Whole Food website - it's great on a hot dog also! Another variation - fill cherry tomatoes with this mixture."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I played with the pita chips and I can't say we really had a favorite, all the toppings worked.

1 batch - (I wanted the marinade from artichokes to brush on chips, that's why I added them to the mix above and will do that again) brush w/marinade and sprinkle with finely grated parmesan, paprika and coarsely ground black pepper.

1 batch - garlic oil, black pepper & parmesan
1 batch - olive oil, salt & pepper, paprika ad ground cumin
1 batch - all the leftovers of above - really good!!

Baked for about 11 minutes at 375 F.

---

Anxious to taste this over pasta tonight... Just wish I'd remembered to take a picture - it is a very pretty appy with all the chips around the topping.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Roasted Peppers with Marinated Feta & Greek Olives cjs I took this to the p...
Another one copied!
  Roasted Peppers with Marinated Feta & Greek Olives cjs I took this to the p...
Well this goes on the list of stuff to make soon. It's actually stuff we can eat!!! Oh, I just bought a big block of sheeps' milk feta. Yum. Thank you for posting.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Roasted Peppers with Marinated Feta & Greek Ol Harborwitch Well this goes on th...
Looks good Jean! Copied and saved. Since there are so many things in that new Sandwich and Salad book I've already marked, this may have to wait, but it's right up there while we're all trying to eat light to beat the heat!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Roasted Peppers with Marinated Feta & Greek Olives