We meant to by Italian Sausage from the vendor at the Farmer's Market last weekend and realized we had brats when we got home. I usually by Usingers brats in 5# packs at Sam's and have been very happy with them. The Farmer's brats were just as good - although more expensive.

I tried the Apple Kraut and Dipping sauce from Weeknight Grilling for these brats. I've always precooked my brats for the grill as the book recommends. I had to go to several stores to find the Sweet Pepper Relish -- cost $3.50 for a 12 oz jar! As I contemplated my purchase I decided I'd probably spent that much already in gas trying to find it, I might as well get it. I'm not a big relish fan in general, but this stuff is good! For the dipping sauce, you use the relish with honey and yellow mustard. Jean posted a recipe for homemade pepper relish that looked good and I'll add it to my never ending list of recipes I want to try. The apple kraut was also very good and a nice complement to the brats.

We've enjoyed all of the grilling recipes we've tried from both new and newer grilling cookbooks this summer.

Brats with Apple Kraut Review HomeCulinarian We meant to by Itali...
Your review is copied and tucked in the Grill book! This does sound like a tasty dinner!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Brats with Apple Kraut Review cjs Your review is copie...
William LOVES kraut. I'll add your notes to the recipe.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Brats with Apple Kraut Review