After all the hooplaw on the other post. I went experimenting. I am sure others of you had already done this, and I don't really know how it will work out.

I clicked on the unmentionable user name and got their bio page. At the bottom is an "ignore this user" click. I clicked it, and the message that popped up said something like this:

You are now ignoring this user, you will not see the body of their message in any of their posts.

Just thought I'd give it a try. May be much more effective and peacful for us all. If they are getting no responses, maybe they will realize we don't want to play and will go away.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Ignoring a user esgunn After all the hoopla...
Good idea Erin! I'm off to click.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Ignoring a user Gourmet_Mom Good idea Erin! I'm...
Excellent idea...hey wait a minute...what if you all have already done this to me??? Guess it doesn't matter since this is all blank to you if you did.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Ignoring a user firechef Excellent idea...hey...
Of course I have not!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Ignoring a user esgunn Of course I have not...
Huh?
  Re: Ignoring a user firechef Excellent idea...hey...
We'd never do that to you!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Ignoring a user Harborwitch We'd never do that t...
Lol no I'm trying to figure out how this topic came about and what I must have missed

Re: Ignoring a user DFen911 Lol no I'm trying to...
Was not aware of that feature in this forum, and have now applied it. Good riddance!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Ignoring a user labradors Was not aware of tha...
For those that are ignoring me...I but one thing to say:

See if you were not ignoring me you could have read what I said...hehehe!

I always wondered what that "feature" was and what it did.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Ignoring a user firechef For those that are i...
Now I know...funny thing is, I found myself wondering what the interloper had to say...LOL! OH WELL, I was really better off not knowing. And Carlos did such a good job smoothing of the thing and responding to our concerns, I forgot all about it.

Now what were you saying LJ? OOPS...forgot....TEE HEE!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Ignoring a user