I vaguely remember reading somewhere about making some wafer thin coconut cookie that you could stick into an ice cream type dessert. Not only did it sound delicious, but it was visually appealing as well. Does anyone know of such a recipe? Maybe I was dreaming? I am thinking of adding these to the drunken floats I am making for dessert this Saturday.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

coconut crisps??? chef_Tab I vaguely remember r...
Not being a coconut fan, I'd be NO help here. Sorry! But I too seem to think I've seen this done before....just didn't take note.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: coconut crisps??? Gourmet_Mom Not being a coconut ...
Thanks anyway. It seems to me it might have been as simple as just baking clusters of coconut together, but I am not sure it would hold. I really don't like getting old! I feel so confused at times!
Theresa

Re: coconut crisps??? chef_Tab Thanks anyway. It se...
You know, I was thinking the same thing...you know, kinda like parmesan crisps. But parm is going to melt a little, while coconut is just going to toast. So yes, it would need SOMETHING to hold it together. I'm off to google.
Daphne

Re: coconut crisps??? Gourmet_Mom You know, I was thin...
OMG! I think I was thinking of parmesan crisps! What a moron I am! I don't think those would work with ice cream! D'oh. I did a little searching for coconut crisps and keep finding regular cookie types. I didn't mean to give you more work to do, Daphne!
Theresa

Re: coconut crisps??? chef_Tab OMG! I think I was t...
I still think something could work. Like a caramelized sugar and coconut thing. Then there's phyllo like this [Image: 106174.jpg] or wontons done in a similar way.

I think I'll google caramelized coconut...HMMMM?! No worries, I love a challenge.
Daphne

Re: coconut crisps??? Gourmet_Mom I still think someth...
BTW, the picture is of a Coconut Crisp recipe at Epicurious. I just found a delicious sounding Coconut Carmel Sauce recipe there also. I don't know A THING about caramel, but I'm wondering if you left the rum out and poured this out on a parchment lined cookie sheet and baked, if it wouldn't harden? Sure sounds good though, and I don't even like coconut...it's a texture thing. I like the flavor in some things. Or better yet, I'll be right back! I got an idea!
Daphne

Re: coconut crisps??? Gourmet_Mom BTW, the picture is ...
Dang, internet is dropping out! Let's try this again! I got the juices going! (WHEW, that's a relief after a week like this.)

Billy J posted a recipe on here for a Spice Cake with Coffee Toffee Crunch . I'm wondering if you used this idea to make toffee (without the coffee) and add coconut. OR Get a good Peanut Brittle recipe and add or sub coconut for the nuts.
Daphne
  Re: coconut crisps??? Gourmet_Mom BTW, the picture is ...
I found the cookies, but not the sauce. Do you remember what it was called?
Theresa

Re: coconut crisps??? chef_Tab I found the cookies,...
Here you go! Coconut Carmel Sauce

Should have done this in the first place, but I'm having such a time with the internet. I think we've got storms approaching. We need the water, but it makes using the internet soooo frustrating to use. Kinda hard to copy my post, just in case I loose it and still hang onto my copied URL....LOL!
Daphne
coconut crisps???