Hi all! I am so sorry I have not yet had the chance to visit here much. You are all such a friendly group--I want to get the opportunity to spend some more time here getting to know everyone!!!!!

I have been really busy getting ready to open my own bakery. It is a dream come true for me. My husband and I just returned from Halifax where we purchased the bulk of our equipment. I could not believe the generosity of spirit of other bakery owners. Many of them pointed me to extremely good sales and deals that were not listed anywhere. Other bakery owners invited me into their shops and homes and literally GAVE me things to get me started. It was completely overwhelming.

The space I am leasing for the bakery will be renovated beginning next week. It's all so exciting and scary!!!! We plan to be open for business mid October. My Mom is coming for two weeks to be here to help me.

So, now we're trying to figure out names. My friend Charlene came up with Something Sweet Dessert Cafe and Bakery. I like that. We had thought about Jumpin' Jacks Dessert Cafe and Bakery after our two beautiful Jack Russell terriers. So far nothing has stuck. My product line is primarily upscale European style desserts, breads, and pastries as well as some artisanal baking. Any and all suggestions for names are welcome.

Anyway--just wanted to share my good news!!!

My new business Chefelle Hi all! I am so sor...
Oh how exciting and scary for you!!! And what a lot of work you are in for, but a labor of love it will be.

Having to come up with names for 3 or 4 things in the past, it seems like just as I needed it, the perfect name came into my head...it'll come and be exactly what you want.

good luck and you know where to come if you need any testers for new products!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Welcome!! How about Two Jacks Sweet Shoppe?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: My new business Old Bay Welcome!! How about ...
OH Debbie! I'm so excited for you! I'll be thinking about it as well. So are you going to go with a lunch menu as well as the bakery? Since you mentioned cafe in both names, I wasn't sure.

Good luck and I'll be thinking of you. I know it will be great! I can't believe you're finally going to get to open your own place!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Huge congrats, Debbie! It's been a long time coming. Sure wish I could get down your way.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: My new business Lorraine Huge congrats, Debbi...
Wow! Congrats!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: My new business esgunn Wow! Congrats!...
What's in a name! Probably one of the more difficult parts of opening the business. Simple names seem to do best, IMO. Such as one already taken... Panera.

Como se dice pan en otro linguas?

Keep us posted on your adventure.

Re: My new business HomeCulinarian What's in a name! P...
Quote:

Como se dice pan en otro linguas?

English: Bread
Spanish: Pan
Japanese: Pan
French: Pain
German: Brot
Italian: Pane
Greek: Psomi
Dutch: Brood
Portuguese: Pão
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: My new business labradors [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Congratulations! Oh the excitement in your house must be at 1000%!
Cory

I am not the model.
OH, gosh, that it is so exciting!!!!! Congratulations - wish I lived closer -
My new business