I do not dislike Chef Legasse but I do not do to much of his stuff. This one I do like. I make my own version of his now famous "Essence" as well as using his recipe for it as well. As promised here is the recipe I use for duck burritos...

Duck Burrito
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup minced onions
1 ear of sweet corn, scraped from the cob
1 tablespoon minced shallots
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 roasted duck breast, (8 to 10 ounces) pulled
1 cup cooked black beans
1 cup cooked white rice
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 cup duck or any dark meat stock
Salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
6 large flour tortillas
12 toothpicks
Oil for frying
Essence
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup Jalapeno Sour Cream

In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions and saute for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Add the corn, shallots, and garlic and continue to saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the pulled meat, black beans, and rice. Season the mixture with the chili powder and cumin. Add the duck stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by 2/3. Remove the pan from the heat and reseason if necessary. Stir in the cilantro. Cool the mixture completely. Preheat the fryer. Spoon 3/4 cup of the filling in the center of each flour tortilla. Lightly wet the sides of the tortilla with water. Fold in the sides of the tortilla and roll the tortilla up tightly, forming a burrito, make sure that the sides are completely sealed. If necessary, secure the each burrito with the toothpicks. Place the burritos, a couple at a time in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Stir the burritos with a spoon, occasionally for over all browning. Fry the burritos in batches. Remove the burritos from the oil and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season the burritos with Essence. Serve the burritos with the Chili Corn Sauce.

Garnish each burrito with a sprinkle of the two cheeses and Jalapeno Sour Cream.

Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.

Yield: about 2/3 cup

Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Duck Burritos...DON'T LAUGH!!! firechef I do not dislike Che...
I have not tried this one but next time I am in the mood for duck burritos I am giving this one a shot...

Barbecued Duck Burrito with Mango Fiesta salad, fiery corn cakes and charred avocado.

As befitting most things Texan, Austin's Driskill Hotel has plenty of colorful moments in its 117-year history. In 1908, Austin judge John Dowell was gunned down here by a local attorney, and in 1964, Lyndon B. Johnson celebrated his presidential victory at the hotel. The Driskill is also the unlikely home for Austrian Archduke Ferdinand Maximilian's 19th century mirrors.

While many grand hotels tend to have cuisine that is just as old as its heritage, that is not the case with the Driskill. Executive chef David Bull is only 28 years old and was named "Best New Chef" by Food & Wine magazine earlier this year. Classically trained at the Culinary Institute of America, Bull has also worked at Dallas' The Mansion on Turtle Creek. Bull's menu at The Driskill Grill offers solid American fare (think meat and potatoes) as well as Southwest-inspired dishes, such as his recipe for barbecued duck burrito with mango fiesta salad, fiery corn cakes and charred avocado. --Christina Valhouli.

Ingredients For Burrito Filling
2 duck breasts (4 to 5 ounces each), roasted and minced
2 ounces shallots, finely minced
2 ounces jalapeno-jack cheese, grated
4 flour tortillas
4 ounces barbecue sauce
Salt to taste

In a sauté pan, sweat duck meat and shallots. Fold in barbecue sauce until mixture is thick and hot. Season with salt to taste. Remove from heat and add in jalapeno-jack cheese, stir until melted. Warm flour tortillas in oven and place even amounts of barbecued duck in each roll. Roll each tortilla and trim off ends.

Ingredients For Fiery Corn Cakes
1 ear fresh corn, roasted and removed from the cob
1 medium jalapeno, finely chopped
1 ounce chili paste
2 ounces maple syrup
2 ounces whole milk
1 ounce corn meal
1/2 ounce baking powder
1 ounce all-purpose flour
1 juice of lime
2 ounces cilantro, finely chopped
Salt to taste

In a mixing bowl, add together corn, jalapeno, chili paste and maple syrup. In a second bowl, combine the corn meal, baking powder and flour together and then whisk in whole milk until fully incorporated; mixture should be very thick and chunky. Add lime, cilantro and salt just before serving. Place approximately two to three ounces of mixture onto a greased griddle and cook as very small pancakes until each side is crispy and the center is cooked enough. Keep warm until served.

Ingredients For Mango Fiesta Salad
1 mango
1 jicama, julienned
1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
1/2 yellow bell pepper, julienned
2 ounces zucchini, julienned
2 ounces yellow squash, julienned
2 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips and fried
1 plantain, cut into discs and fried
4 cups canola oil

In a bowl, combine first six ingredients and reserve to be tossed with vinaigrette right before serving. Fry corn tortillas in oil heated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit until crisp. Mix all vegetables; add fried tortillas and plantain. Mix with vinaigrette before serving.

Ingredients For Vinaigrette
2 limes, juiced
1 ounce canola oil
1 ounce cilantro, finely chopped

In a bowl, mix together lime juice, canola oil and chopped cilantro. Toss mango salad with vinaigrette just before serving.

Ingredients For Garnish
1 medium avocado, peeled, cut into 4 fans and grilled until charred
4 ounces barbecue sauce
4 sprigs cilantro
2 ounces shredded cotija cheese (a type of aged cheese)
2 ounces pumpkin seeds, toasted and ground

Assembly
Place two corn cakes each in the center of four warm dinner plates, slightly overlapping each other. Place 1/4 of salad on top of each set of corn cakes. Place each burrito on top of the salad and balance by pressing down. Drizzle a small amount of barbecue sauce around the center of the plate and garnish with cotija cheese. Place one charred avocado fan leaning up against the burrito and place one sprig of cilantro on top of each avocado.

Makes 4 servings

Like I said I have not tried this one but really want to. I still have a couple of duck breasts in the freezer so maybe while I am working on some stuff for work mixing the best of Mexico with the best of China I will be able to tweak this one...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Duck Burritos...DON'T LAUGH!!! firechef I have not tried thi...
Oh thank you for sharing

Re: Duck Burritos...DON'T LAUGH!!! DFen911 Oh thank you for sha...
Thosesound xcellnt. Hmm, wondrwhatiswrong with my keyboard.Imighthaeto go shopping today.
Cory

I am not the model.

Re: Duck Burritos...DON'T LAUGH!!! Corinne Thosesound xcellnt. ...
Quote:

Duck Burritos...DON'T LAUGH!!!

Why laugh? When I worked at Wolfgang's, we had BBQ duck quesadillas. Also, when we took our one break for the night, they allowed us to take or make something for ourselves, and I would occasionally make a BBQ duck pizza.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Duck Burritos...DON'T LAUGH!!! labradors [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Most people I know give me crap for using a recipe from Emeril that's all. The other recipe is on my must try list although I doubt I'll get many takers on trying it around here.

Re: Duck Burritos...DON'T LAUGH!!! firechef Most people I know g...
" Most people I know give me crap for using a recipe from Emeril that's all "

Not me, the recipes of his that I have made have all turned out. I've made empanadas with leftover duck, served with a plum/jalapeno sauce that were great. Thanks for the recipes!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Duck Burritos...DON'T LAUGH!!! Lorraine " Most people I know...
That sounds good too! Plum jalapeno sauce! Is there anything jalapenos don't make better?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Duck Burritos...DON'T LAUGH!!! firechef I have not tried thi...
These both sound really really good. We made tostadas out of duck confit one time, served them with tostones and mango salsa - they were amazing.

Thank you for sharing the recipes - I'm sure that duck in the freezer is getting eaten this week!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Duck Burritos...DON'T LAUGH!!! Harborwitch These both sound rea...
Glad it sounds good. I hope you enjoy them.
Duck Burritos...DON'T LAUGH!!!